Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stana

Www.tramptravellers.blogspot.com

26 posts in this topic

For those of you who want to follow our blog. www.tramptravellers.blogspot.com

Thanks for sharing! Always interesting to see how we all settle in! :D

Interesting.

Scary too... that bit about "flesh-eating bacteria"!

Thanks for visiting our blog. If you ever visit Texas, I highly recommend the hill country. Look at our post on wild flowers of Texas (blog updated today) Its probably not too much of a drive for you Eileen but it would be well worth the trip.

Its amazing how things turn out. When we were flying into the States, we vowed to "not live in Texas, anywhere but Texas" We were considering Kentucky, Oregon or Colorado anywhere where there are mountains or hills because from previous experience Texas was just flat. Imagine our delight to find the Hill Country.

For those of you who want to follow our blog. www.tramptravellers.blogspot.com

1 person likes this

Thanks for visiting our blog. If you ever visit Texas, I highly recommend the hill country. Look at our post on wild flowers of Texas (blog updated today) Its probably not too much of a drive for you Eileen but it would be well worth the trip.

Its amazing how things turn out. When we were flying into the States, we vowed to "not live in Texas, anywhere but Texas" We were considering Kentucky, Oregon or Colorado anywhere where there are mountains or hills because from previous experience Texas was just flat. Imagine our delight to find the Hill Country.

:D Just shows how taste differs. We LOVED texas!

I love the Texan wild flowers. I fell in love with the little Blue Bonnets and the Indian Paint Brush (the reddish/orange flowers that always grow with them) all along the sides of the highways - similar to the cosmos in South Africa. It became a joke that we could tell the seasons by the roadside flowers.

South Carolina has a lot of flowering trees (terrible for allergies! ;) )and we do the same thing. The season ends with the beautiful changing leaves.

Bev

your pictures are great - does this mean you live in the hill country or were just visiting. Where in Texas do you live?

Hi Zulu,

Thanks for the compliment however I cannot take credit for all of them as my wife and kids all love photography.

We were just visiting the Hill Country, but its only 2 hours from where we live in Edna (near Victoria South of Houston about 100 miles). Our area is very flat. The only hills here are the over passes on the hiway. When we arrived in September every thing was dead and grey due to a severe drought. The Texana lake was very low. Now with all the excellent rains every thing is green and the lake is at capacity again. I would prefer living in the Hill Country. In fact we met a South African who lives in Wimbeley who recognised us as Saffers from a shirt my son was wearing. He was the second South African we have met since arriving. However there are more around. A few months ago I walked past an A4 paper just lying on the floor in the Target parking lot but which on closer inspection turned out to be a Matric Certificate for a Mark Baylis. I have tried to find him without luck. I am pretty sure he needs that certificate.

your pictures are great - does this mean you live in the hill country or were just visiting. Where in Texas do you live?

Edited by stana

Stana - out of curiosity I googled Mark Baylis and there is a Mark Baylis who lives in Austin and works for All Things Digital. What was the date of matriculation - the picture of this guy shows him as maybe late twenties, early thirties. He worked in Johannesburg and CapeTown

I did the same as you and came back with the same info and sent an email but with no reply. Perhaps my email was rejected as it went to the company email as I could not find one for Mark. I will have to ask my wife to look at the date as I am currently in the UAE and the certificate is in my car cubby hole in Tx. I will let you know but that sounds about the right age because I recall an early 90 certificate. It has to be the same guy.[quote

I did the same as you and came back with the same info and sent an email but with no reply. Perhaps my email was rejected as it went to the company email as I could not find one for Mark. I will have to ask my wife to look at the date as I am currently in the UAE and the certificate is in my car cubby hole in Tx. I will let you know but that sounds about the right age because I recall an early 90 certificate. It has to be the same guy.[quote

I think I saw a phone number there as well - got to be the same guy if we both found him - let me know when you get back - I love mysteries - I should have been a detective - LOL

Hi Zulu

Mark graduated in '92. I will only get back in July so if you would like to track him down, please do. If you find him we then can make arrangements for returning his certificate. I certainly would appreciate it as would Mark I suspect.

Hi Zulu

Mark graduated in '92. I will only get back in July so if you would like to track him down, please do. If you find him we then can make arrangements for returning his certificate. I certainly would appreciate it as would Mark I suspect.

I'll check it out for you

Hi Zulu

Stana - I finally reached Mark and spoke to him about the certificate - he said he didn't matriculate in 92 but maybe it was another copy that was printed in 92 - he said for you to call him on his cell phone when you return (361-212-6748)

Hi Zulu.

Thanks for doing that. Now I know its his because of the phone number. There just cannot be 2 at that code which is for our area. Well done and thanks again. My wife is phoning him this very minute. (I am on skype with her). Will let you know.

Stana - I finally reached Mark and spoke to him about the certificate - he said he didn't matriculate in 92 but maybe it was another copy that was printed in 92 - he said for you to call him on his cell phone when you return (361-212-6748)

................. a Matric Certificate for a Mark Baylis. I have tried to find him without luck. I am pretty sure he needs that certificate.

Stana, As I don't have a job yet (and a lot of free time) I will try to track him down. Fingers crossed.... lets see how good my detective skills are.

Update : Just as I found his number I saw that Zulu has beaten me to it!!

Edited by Superkruz