Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SJ272

Texas floods/hurricane Harvey

7 posts in this topic

Hope the SAUSA members who live in the flood-affected areas are all safe. Sending good wishes...

Stay dry folk and keep safe

Know some Saffas that had to evacuate their homes

You are all in our thoughts and prays. 

And thinking of all our SAUSA members in the path of Irma too. Good luck, stay safe.

2 people like this

Keep dry and safe people,you can always get back what you loose but you will never get back your life.We are thinking of you

I just herd of a South African losing his yacht (valued at ZAR 3 million) in Hurricane Irma in the Caribbean. The boat is registered in South Africa. They had insurance for the boat, but no Hurricane coverage. Apparently Hurricane insurance is an additional rider policy in South Africa. So the insurance will not pay out.       

I wonder why you would take a yacht to the Caribbean in hurricane season and not have hurricane insurance? If it's permanently  there that makes even less sense. Like buying a fancy sports car and (SA terms) only insuring for fire, theft and third party. anyway... I have to admit I'm a lot more worried about all those people who've lost their homes than someone who lost his yacht. It's just awful, seeing the footage of the devastation, and we haven't even begun to see the full damage yet.

1 person likes this