• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Superkruz last won the day on January 15

Superkruz had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

103 Excellent

About Superkruz

  • Rank
    Certified Addict!
  • Birthday 08/24/1964

Contact Methods

  • Skype

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Pretoria (was in Boston, MA)
  • First Name
  • Last Name
  • Landed
    Feb 2012
  • SA Location
  • Language

Recent Profile Visitors

817 profile views
  1. This page of the SA consulate website confirms the $25 mentioned by JJF
  2. I listed my non-USA address as the address where I lived.
  3. I completed the section on the form about my trips outside the US - they did not ask a single question about the long absences. My guess is that it is not uncommon for people to have one such trip.... maybe the guy that handled my case was in a good mood and let it slide. I did have answers ready for them in case they asked.... flimsy ones, but answers none the less.
  4. I get what you're saying about the risk and volatility - virtually all currencies (except XRP) nosedived dramatically during the past 2 weeks, making it a good time to buy. I did and so far my endeavours are showing handsome gains- fingers crossed!
  5. As [at]RubyShoes said in an earlier post... I was out of the US for two 5 month periods. I simply applied, told the truth, and left it up to them to either approve or reject my application- it was approved. My research at the time showed that (according to the courts) the time before you lived here doesn't count towards the continuous residency period, but I guess they aren't very strict with the application thereof. My recommendation would be to file an application now.
  6. Many single people who get selected in the DV lottery gets married after the date that they were selected which changes their application from a single one to that of a family - my point being that a change in circumstances is not uncommon. You should not have any problems, but would simply have to explain your situation.
  7. I am curious no know whether any other forum members have dived into the Crypto market. I am on vacation in Florida but spend most of my time monitoring price movements on my laptop and mobile! With the meteoric rise of Bitcoin over the past couple of years it seems that Crypto's are becoming more mainstream (and are here to stay for the foreseeable future at least). I am betting on Ripple to be the next "thing" - any thoughts?
  8. As SJ272 said... you can do it in China wherever the US consulate is. I did mine in Sydney, Australia.
  9. After a quick Google search, I came across this article that explains that even an illegal alien can open and operate an LLC legally - if an illegal alien can do it I cannot imagine why an LPR cannot. You might also want to read this one.
  10. Don't know whether this helps but your stamped Diversity visa is a green card (I-551), albeit a temporary one, valid for 1 year - it says so on the visa. It is proof of your LPR status so IMHO that should satisfy their requirement.
  11. About the address - Any address will do on the DS260. You don't even require one prior to the interview. I would advise having one by the time you make your first entry into the USA. I say this because upon entry you are given an opportunity to give them an address where the green cards should be mailed. Up to that point, any USA address you provide is meaningless and can be overridden upon entry so don't lose any sleep about this.
  12. Haven't you leant anything about how 21st-century democracies work? These days it is a case of "you have the right to free speech provided that you agree with my point of view"!!
  13. Of course you should apply!! Get that application in so that the clock can start ticking. Like others have said, even if (that's a huge if) legislation to cancel family immigration gets passed you should be fine as applications that are in the process are usually protected. In the meantime, enter the free-to-enter DV lottery every year (while it lasts) and, who knows, you might get lucky and be in the US sooner than you expect.
  14. Oh no - I am busy winding up the estate of my late brother and I am not looking forward to that part of the process!!
  15. Saw this article today that might be of interest to any potential immigrants