Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


adventurer1 last won the day on August 1 2017

adventurer1 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

41 Excellent

About adventurer1

  • Rank
    Gold Member
  • Birthday March 22

Profile Information

  • Location
    Lower Fairfield County Connecticut
  • Interests
    Design, Kitchen & Bathroom design, Architecture, Travel, Volunteering, Movies
  • First Name
  • SA Location
  • Language

Recent Profile Visitors

616 profile views
  1. Hi Everyone , just starting out this journey.

    here's a link to the Canadian Visa process. http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do Depending on your personal info etc, you might be able to do an express process which takes just a couple off months, rather than 20-24 months. as well as a link to the SA Canada Forum just like this one http://www.sacanada.org/ (Hendie is the same Host for both)- join this forum too, I do expect it to be as helpful as this one The timeline and process to CA will be much easier and quicker- in my opinion. And as SJ said, while you live there you can continue the F4 process, as well a continue the DV lottery entries (if the lottery continues- many many roomers, but no confirmation) I would start with renewing the UK passports. having a British passport might even speed up the process and help you skip some steps and some ''costs'' (like the English Language tests) {sorry just checked - for Express Entry you still need to do the tests- } Get all your Legal Documents (Birth Cert, Marriage Cert etc)- which you probably have all since you have UK passport? If you have ever lived in the UK (or any other country except SA since age 18 (for Canada, 16 for US) you will have to apply for PCC's (Police Clearance Certificates)from each country you lived in as well as for SA. These are usually valid for 12 months, but some Countries state that they only accept it within 6 months.- just to keep in mind
  2. Hi Everyone , just starting out this journey.

    yes indeed. They are RELOCATION agents. A lot of companies make use off relocation agents/ services, to help setup their Expats. but when you as an individual immigrates or relocate, these services are super expensive. they will not be able to help you to legally immigrate. They can only assist in the acquiring off the paperwork (documents etc), relocation services, accommodation search, schools, DMV etc all things , as SJ stated, that you can do yourself. Unless you have the money to splash around and don't have the time to invest
  3. Hi Everyone , just starting out this journey.

    "Be over 18 years of age. Provide proof that you know how to speak and write in 1 of Canada's official languages (either English or French) Be a Permanent Resident (PR) Have lived in Canada as a PR for at least 3 years out of the 5 years before you apply" quick search
  4. Hi Everyone , just starting out this journey.

    "Residents (PR) of Canada who are landed immigrants need a passport and visa to enter the United States, unless they are a citizen of a country eligible for the VisaWaiver Program (VWP). If they are a citizen of a country eligible for the VWP, they are only required to have their valid passport - coming by land or sea" Quick search
  5. Hi Everyone , just starting out this journey.

    Don't know if Canadian PR's would need visa's to visit US, but I do know US PR's don't need visas to visit CA
  6. Hi Everyone , just starting out this journey.

    I've just quickly checked out the website. It is done by a South African / Irish Couple it DOES seem that its more a RELOCATION service than an actually Immigration service i think they help people in the process off legal immigration(who is immigrating or relocating ''already'')- they can't help you TOO immigrate. if this makes sense
  7. Hi Everyone , just starting out this journey.

    [at]DesignGuy Welcome to the forum. your other 'option' would be to immigrate to Canada- Vancouver side. Then you can start a life there. You will be close (across border) from your sister. You can keep entering the DV still (just a random lottery as everyone state- make sure you ONLY use www.dvlottery.state.gov website for entering- any other site, especially the ones stating you can enter year round, is bogus) I would suggest that if you don't have already a US Tourist visa (B1/ B2), you apply for this before you start the process off a Family Sponsor visa. They do tend to decline tourist visas if you have a Family Sponsor visa in the process (cause with all due respect- people overstay these when they intend to immigrate - which a Family sponsor visa shows intend to immigrate, if this makes sense) While living in CA, you can visit US on your B1/B2 visa. I'm not sure how long it takes to become a Canadian citizen, but if I understand correctly Canadian citizens easily gets work visas for the US, especially Canadians who work in the US but still live in Canada. Good luck with the journey. its not an easy one, but a possible one
  8. Dv-2018

    Hi Dreamland We used a property value certificate (got our local Estate Agent to do this). As well as Stamped / dated statements from on the homeloan balance from our bank to show the equity. We also got balances / statements from pension funds This was efficient proof for the officer to see that we do have funds available.
  9. Age for DV

    Noted. My mistake
  10. Age for DV

    Also note that if one of the parents entries are selected, the 20 year old might age out before their process / visa is approved. (if 'then' 21 year old dependent is still unmarried, they can fall under F2A category- +- 2 year wait period. If married they have to apply under F2B which adds +- 5 years to the wait) If parent is selected and number becomes current but 20 year old will age out Before interview date (usually +-6 weeks from notice to interview date), consulate will consider earlier interview appointment (if requested) But its still all possible
  11. 2017 Draw Results

    [at]dreamland, you usually receive your Passport with visa printed/pasted in it after 3 days (you do have the option (pay) to have it couriered to you) You will receive a go ahead immediately after interview(if approved) at the consulate with instructions (picking up or courier option)
  12. Texas floods/hurricane Harvey

    Know some Saffas that had to evacuate their homes You are all in our thoughts and prays.
  13. Hi adventurer 1.  Thank you for you response.  Which price range were you at when you went for first consult/costing.  First exam, exrays, manufacturing and check ups, full bill came in at R14000.00, lets say USD1000.00.  Shock me!

  14. 2017 Draw Results

    Thank you I see the $455 fee is waived if the Green Card is still valid After you turn 16. Also see that it is suppose to be filed within 30days after turning 14- we are a month late The instructions are very confusing I must admit
  15. 2017 Draw Results

    If a child turns 14, they have to renew their green card. If the "original" green card expires AFTER their 16th birthday, they need to only pay $85 for the Bio Metric fee. If their green card Expires Before their 16th Birthday they have to pay the $455 Renew fee and $85 Bio metrics They need to complete Form I 90 via Mail or online. And wait for Bio Metric appointment notice (form I 797) at your Application Support Center. The form can be submitted before the child turns 14, I have contradicting info on how long before (3-6 months) https://www.uscis.gov/i-90