Sign in to follow this  
Liefie

Liefie: newbie in TX

Hello everyone,

I live in Magnolia, TX, and I'm working on a website for all SA expats in the Houston area. I'm making it informative and plan to organise a few get togethers through the year at a central point. If there are any SAfricans in the area, I would love to hear from you!

I am also working on a website for SAfricans who find themselves in the same situation as me - I met my hubby online and moved to the USA to be with him. The best decision I could have made! The adjustments were immense and often I felt lost... which is why I've decided to do research and put together something really informative for women who meet their husbands online and then move to his country and immerse themselves into a new culture. Would love to hear your stories and get your input!

My e-mail address is foreigncall[at]hotmail.com

Best wishes,

"Liefie"

Great idea!!! ... I am the male spouse of an American woman ... and we met overseas while working with a non-governmental relief aid agency. Why not make your website less gender specific, and less specific about whether the couples meet online? Then you could provide specific and secure links for women and men only ...

just a thought / suggestion :)

I think there are lots of SA'ers in the Houston area ... I am not ... but welcome anyway.

Welcome to the forum...and the U....wait...Texas - doesn't qualify as part of the United States...hehehe

Texas is one of the best states to live in - IMO. You made a good choice!

Good luck with your site and let us know if you need some advice. We are, after all, the Ex-pat experts of the world. lol

:blink: