Sign in to follow this  
suidwester

suidwester: OLD...NEW on SAUSA, not just a viewer!

:cowboy:

Hey everyone, I have been inputting the past few days, but though I shoud intro. myself.

Originally from Suidwes and also went to highschool and univercity in Jo'ies - RAU. Worked at Damelin College and then moved to PE for 6 years when we were engaged. Loooovvveee PE !! My family still in Namibie on the farm, but also live in Jo'ies in the hot summer months. :P

Been in the US for 8 years. 2 years in San Fransisco, and 6 in Austin, TX. We won the greencard lottery and have never looked back. Visit SA about every 3 years, and it's funny, we always want to come back 'home'.

Texas is awsome. My husband is a webdeveloper and I run my own Mary Kay business from home - excellent !! My two boys (10 and 5) are great and my oldest son (2nd degree black belt) is a World Champion in TaeKwonDo while my 5 year old a World Champ in goofing off !! :jester:

When we arrived in the US, I used to be on the BB several times a day - every day. It was a lot different then (lots of fighting) but it's good to see that is not happening anymore. Went off for a few years and then started browsing again. The format of the BB has changed soooo much, that I almost find it hard to keep track. It was good to see Cazz was still here. I remember that name from 4 years ago !!

What I have learnt most in the US is not to be so sensitive - as a lot of SA'n can be. We grew up with not every saying anyting or doing anything that might hurt someone feelings. Well... I have learned (thanks to my many great US friends) not to take everything so personally. Be tough and take the critisism with a cup of laughter !! As a family we are so happy and thankful for the opportunities - specially for my kids - that the US provide.

We are all US citizens now - but also kept SA citizenship. Like someone said the other day (was it Teacher ?) - in our hearts we will always be South African - but my head is American.

I am enjoying the Olympic tremendously, and will support US fully, unless a SA athlete is competing... ;)

Well.... that about that. Talk soon

Suidwester

Hi sw ... appreciated your postings over the last few days. I grew up in PE, and lived in Grahamstown and East London ... looong time ago now. I spent a year in Texas when I first arrived, loved it!!! Now I am in PA, which is OK ... not too bad. Blerry cold in winter though!!! :huh:

Yup, Americans communicate with more tact than South Africans who say exactly what they feel. I have learned how to "say it with flowers" and to care about the other persons feelings, rather than keep turning up the heat until one of us gets burned. <_<

Its good to meet you and look forward to lots of nice chats!!! :D