Sign in to follow this  
Creature

Civics Exam: Naturalization

Can anyone recommend a good book on US Civics directed toward the Civics exam at naturalization? Maybe something available at Borders or Amazon. The Guide to Naturalization has a bunch of questions and answers, which is OK ... but you first need to study the content all in one place before you can assess yourself using questions.

Teacher. A good knowledge of the 100 sample questions contained in the guide is presently sufficient for purposes of the civics test. It would be interesting to hear whether any members who were very familiar with these questions have ever encountered problems with the civics component of their naturalization interviews. I have not heard of such a case.

I have the 100 samples on hard copy.

You can find them at

hplct.org/tap/answers_citizenship_questions.htm

A friend in Orlando Florida recently went thru, the naturalization process.She related that the immigration officers needed the english test themselves as she could hardly understand a word they said as their spanish accents were very strong!And the only question they were asked is who the senators for Florida are? PS thanks Saville for holding the fort while I have been unable to log-on!

I have recently discovered that your public library can provide you with a variety of test prep. materials including the civics exam for naturalization. Through my public library membership I have found an online resource called 'learn-a-test' ... which includes a web-based civics exam for naturalization.

I completed my exam last week ... was a piece of cake. They had 10 questions on a form, and I had to write the answers ... questions all came straight from the guide and were easy. Got 10/10 :)

The interview revolved around verifying what I had written on the N400 form. They were not interested in any of the supporting documents I brought along, even though they asked me to bring them. It was over in about 15 minutes.

Now I wait for the next and final step. Near the end of a long journey ... and the start of a new journey.

The test you guys are talking about - Is this written when you apply for citezenship or somewhere else in the process? :unsure:

We recieved our greencards end of last year after about 2 1/2 years. We never went through any tests or personal questioning. The closest we came to any tests were the one medical the whole family had to do.

The test you guys are talking about - Is this written when you apply for citezenship or somewhere else in the process?  :unsure:

Naturalization = citizenship