Sign in to follow this  
somph

Atlanta Braai in May

:ilikeit:

Dekalb County has offered Brook Run park in Dunwoody for the braai. I am looking at May 1st or May 8th.

Any suggestions on the date?

The costs associated with this event are starting to mount, what is your opinion of paying $10 per car or $5.00 per head to attend. Or soemthing like this. The main issue is the $1 mill insurance rider needed by Dekalb Co.

Also, who is interested in helping with the marketing? I have enough employees who will work the event, so it's just the front end where we need help.

send me an e-mail at mambo7[at]gmail.com

Clifford

Clifford,

I think may 8th is best. I suggest $10 a car.

Let me know what the plans are. I'll be there.

Cheers

Maarten

Hey!!!

Hold on tight because here come the costs from Dekalb Co. Parks and Recreation Dept.\

If we have 133 cars (3 persons per car) at $10 per car minus 5 who will throw their toys out of the pram because they have to pay....jy weet wie!

MAY 8th is confirmed..........will also pay for a rain day....

Estimated crowd +/- 400

4 x Porta Poties $80.00 each

1 x dumpster $100.00

1 x Park rental $120

1 x vendor permit $50

1 x cop $35 per hour

Maybe we wont need a cop as julle nie mekaar moer nie....

Liabiltiy insurance waiver and Indemification (try say that after a few drinks) $ Dont know yet......

So it looks like me might just make it or maybe have to go to $12 per car.

We can then use the same park in September again if this works out.

Now its time for you to indicate who will like to show up and who wants to help. Ek gaan nie betaal en al die werk doen nie...being from Cape Town, ek is te slim vir dai :censored:

:( Hi somph,

Just realised that May 1 and May 8 are both Sundays. Is there a reason for you organising this event for a sunday?

For people like us, living a bit further away, that is a little inconvenient, and Saturday would be a lot better...

We thought about the Sunday/Saturday thing and it seems that too many people work Saturday or have to do things. It does not bother me either day as this is ok with me.

So people will not show on Saturday because of the sabbath and some wont show on Sunday for the same reason. I dont know what the answer is, but if you want another braai on a saturday in June, nou praat jy my taal! I will be quite happy to arrange another braai for a Saturday so folks can travel from out of town.

Clifford

It seems now we will need some indication of who will attend, I have started to receive calls from TN and SC. We are only allowed 500 max in the park for the day.

I will obviously be a first come basis, but maybe I need to also have tickets?

The sale of items on the day will be limited, but none the less, we will be selling boerewors, biltong and a few other treats.

We have also added a rain date of 15th May

Hi Cliffie,

I've been out of the country and missed your posting. Let me know if you need any help.

I'm sure people won't mind paying even $15 per car. Tickets would be a great thing in that way you can keep track of the amount of people attending..... for the quota on what the park allows as well as for your records.

One can never statisfy everyone so be it on whatever of the day there will always be someone who complains.

Have you thought of placing an add in the Creative Loafing? I'll do my best to get the word around.

Thanks

Carol

:ilikeit:

This sounds great!!! We are from Suwanee. Looking forward to the braai.

Dont think you have to worry about enough people. We will start spreading the word.

I think the best is to have tickets available. What if people drive from out of town, and there is no more space?

Will hold thumbs for the weather. Please let us know if we can help with something.

Thanks

Retha

Edited by mattewis

Cliff,

Give me a call when you can. I lost your number during the whole car switching operation I did 2 weeks ago. I looked at the park on N Peachtree and I think the one side of the building should be large enough if we don't have a lot of kiddies running around. I'm good for two cars.

Cheers

Maarten

What are the chances of something like this or a SA get-together being arranged again? :bouncey:

I'd love to hang out with fellow SA's and talk about experiences here, good food *sigh* and my hubby could maybe gain some more insight into me and people more like me i.e. similar backgrounds and upbringing. Ya know?

I haven't heard of anything for this year again, but there are a few of us that would like to put something together. Just keep checking the GA Events. I'll post whatever I hear about or whatever get togethers we plan on having.

If you feel like it you could join a few of us this Saturday around 4pm at the Loafing Leprechaun in Alpharetta for some ST. Paddy's day celebrating. Should be a handful of Saffers there.

Hope to see you there,

Carol

Thanks Cazz. My husband had already made plans for us this weekend and since we live south of Atlanta there was not the time to fit both in. But I hope you all had a good turnout :)