Sign in to follow this  
Tokolosi

Iemand in Boston?

Ek is die hele volgende week na heerlike tropiese Boston vir werk. As iemand lus is om erens 'n knakkie te maak een aan laat weet my. Ek vlieg Sondag (30ste) en kom weer Vrydag (4e) terug.

Toks

Check out the AMABOSTON site they have a watering hole once a month.

Of course they also have contact info . Never managed to get hold of anybody good luck let us know how you fair.

Keep warm it was minus 22 C this morning -- the roads are crazy keep safe (and the drivers even worse) HA HA :lol:

Good plan korky. I'll check out their site.

-22! :o

Oh deary. Better get some OBS for the hip flask.

Pak maar jou dikste baadjie en thermal undies in! Dit is "pp" koud hier en die hele plek is vol sneeu (maar pragtig). Veilige reis!!!

Edited by Leigh-

Yup ... Leigh is right. Mountains of snow. Get a good coat that will keep the wind out, good pair of shoes that wont let your feet get wet, and dress in layers.

Well my trip to the Boston area is over. Beautifull place. But cold. Man it was chilly. Or as I learned while I was up there 'wicked' cold.

Anyhow here is some pics from the trip for you other people (like me) who are not used to the snow.

IMG_9268.jpg

IMG_9264.jpg

IMG_9261.jpg

IMG_9260.jpg

Yup thats about how it looked in our yard. Had a few lovely days - up to 40F. Half of the white stuff melted ... but whoohoo another storm is moving in and 12-20 inches forecasted for our town!!!!

Glad you enjoyed your trip, it really is beautiful. Love it here! (Although we are 60 miles from the city).

Beautiful pics!!! Does look rather cold though!!! We 'almost' had snow on Christmas day here in Lafayette, Louisiana.... everyone was excited and waiting in anticipation. Unfortunately, the unusual cold front just missed us, so no snow for us - drat! Guess it is just too warm down here for snow. Not that I am complaining....lol

Tokolosi

Please do not write us off brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :ph34r:

It is as beautiful as it is in the pictures --- you just dress in layers and when you go inside it is quiet warm and toasty.

The one down side is that the air is so dry --- and with the heating systems thre air in the house is even drier -- you have to put out dishes of water in an attempt to raise the humidty.

But the summers are Great and well the Fall is out of this world for about 20 days the leaf display is well breath taking to say the least

Please come and visit us in the first weeks of OCT :ilikeit:

Make sure you bring enough film though :blink:

(Will attempt to post some photos and essay I wrote) :(

Kork is right ... the cold is not hard to manage if you dress properly, and plan ahead.

Yes, the air is dry, which results in another unexpected side effect ... nasty static electricity shocks.