:ilikeit:

ROTFL, Hehehehehehehe - Linda !

I should have moved there YEARS ago !! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good one !

Love

Blondi

:)

Hi Blondi,

I live in Birmingham AL which is a 3 hr drive from Atlanta, but for the most our weather is pretty much the same as in GA. Very hot humid summers. We don't get as hot as TX or Arizona and seldom have 100 deg + temperatures we probably had about a weeks worth of that this past summer - but the humidity does get to one - in most neighborhoods you don't see a soul around during the day - even in school holidays when children prefer to do things indoors. It took my system 2 years to acclimate to the weather - i.e. cold winters with quite a lot of rain and hot humid summers with a lot of rain. These days I will spend a couple of hours per week in the summer cutting the yard - but that is about it - I have a timed sprinkler system that kicks in every day in summer to water my plants. If you're talking about nice weather we have about 3 maybe 5 weeks of that in Spring and the beginning of Summer when you can make a braai during the day and sit outside to eat without keeling over from the heat - and then again probably 3/5 weeks in the fall and into the beginning of winter when you can do the same. I'm not trying to put you off - just give you the facts as it is. I've heard that NC and SC aren't as humid as what GA, AL, MS are for eg...... (I've only travelled to the Carolinas in Spring and in Fall - and the weather at those times is simply gorgeous - especially on those Outerbanks of NC - if they didn't have huricanes coming through that is where my husband and I would love to retire someday)

Hi there cathyn,

Thanks so much for your honest and informative reply. Since we left SA, we have never lived in a hot place, and we have actually grown used to short summers and long cold winters... The weather as you described it, does not exactly sound up my alley. :blink: The kids spending time indoors is also not what I have in mind, as both my boys are very athletic and I would love to move somewhere, where they will want to spend loads of time playing outside, playing tennis, golf or swimming.

Thanks again for your reply. :ilikeit: I think I will have to expand my search into the Carolinas...

Love from here

Blondi

One more thing Blondi, if the Carolinas are the place you want to land at I'd suggest you contact Deb Blackman. Deb is an expat Saffer running a club out of Raleigh NC called the SA Tarheels. She's the one to ask about places to stay, living conditions weather etc etc etc in NC.......... They also have regular SA get togethers such as braai's, weekends away, monthly tea's for the ladies etc....

Here is a link to their website: Register and contact Deb - she's a great lady!!!!

http://www.shebeen.com/BBS/

Edited by cathyn

Hi Cathyn,

Thanks so much for the info. As soon as I have an idea of my list of questions, I will contact Deb. You are very helpful, I really appreciate it a lot !! :ilikeit:

Love from here

Blondi