Sign in to follow this  
Fred

Lake Livingston: Texas Potjie 2007

It's Official! the TEXAS POTJIE FESTIVAL 2007

will be held at the KOA campgrounds in Lake Livingston, TX next Labor Day weekend.

Due to popular demand, next year's Texas Potjie Festival will be held at the same venue as 2006.

People are already booking so make sure to call Connie Harrel of KOA Campgrounds to make reservations if you are planning to attend the 2007 gathering.

Go to TexasPotjie for more information

I just tried to book a cabin :censored:

And they have nothing available!!!!

Monique, see if they have cabanas left. We called yesterday and all the cabins were booked, but they still had cabanas left. If they don't have cabanas left, I think your only option then is a RV or tent site. Good luck!

Hey Fred,

What a catch it would be to get Dilana to sing at next years Potjie as she did in 2004..............That's if she's not touring the world with Supernova after tonight.

I hear from Juluka that Johan Kriek is keen on next years Potjie. This must be the best social gathering of South African's in the USA.

On the other hand maybe she can work in a 'Supernova' concert at the Potjie Competition!!

I have convinced Ben that we need to attend next years event since we will only be 5 or 6 hours away, I am so excited about it, my baby girl will be a toddler and my 2 year old will be three so we wont be tooo badly tied down, I am looking forward to it, yep we should totally get Dilana to sing.

Tania

Tania, when are you guys moving?

Great article in this months Juluka magazine on the Texas Potjiekos along with an article on Dilana (Rockstar Supernova) which will continue in next months issue.

Seems to me that the great state of Texas has it all :ilikeit: The Texas Potjie, Dilana, 1st Deaf (Charl deVillers) person to sail solo around the world, the Kwagga's, Springbok test against the USA, Elna Renach (Tennis), Emmett Holmes (SA Falcons rugby) and the list goes on............. :whome:

...humidity, torrential rain, hurricanes :P

Jes kidding. I have only been in Texas a few times (Houston, Dallas, Beaumont & Corpus Christi) and have always been treated friendly and it is a pretty place.

...humidity, torrential rain, hurricanes :P

Jes kidding. I have only been in Texas a few times (Houston, Dallas, Beaumont & Corpus Christi) and have always been treated friendly and it is a pretty place.

Booked 2 camping spots, plan on a whole group from Kansas comming down to show you where "david the wortels begrawe het"

Can't wait.!!!!! :D

Hi Folks,

Anyone going to the Texas Potjie Festival in September? American friends & myself will be going as "day visitors" as we are only 22 miles from Port Adventure in Trinity. They are keen to get the "flavour" of South African/s b4 our trip in October. B)

The latest update that I have is that there are in the region of 75 families that have booked camp sites and that there is only tenting space available.

Me and mine will hopefully be making the trip.

I confirmed my bookings for 2 camp sites this week.

My plan was to drag the pop-up down and also erect a tent on the same site.

I was willing to give up one site but the lady said that it no longer was a KOA campground and that only one ‘dwelling’ was allowed at each site.

I then went on to explain to her that “The rules you have may not apply that weekend”.

She asked “Why?”.

I replied “I am surprised that we were invited back this year”.

I did not have the heart to tell here that locking the pool at 22:00 will only result in having to repair the fence the next morning.

I guess they just don’t understand the Afrikaner, yet!

I believe that if someone needs the extra camp site (Water/Elec/Sew) let me know.

It would be a waste to use it for a tent.

I am sure Foolie and Larry the Lounge Lizard will be willing to crash in a tent erected closer to the action.

Edited by dafish

This is just a reminder that the Potjie Festival is now only 2 days away!

Here at South Africans in Austin, we have had several requests for directions to the Potjie. If you're traveling from Austin, I have posted directions from Austin on the Potjie's entry on our Events Calendar page. If you're traveling from elsewhere, here is a Google Map that shows the exact location of the office where you will be checking in upon arrival at the campground. (Hint: Zoom in our out to get a better perspective, and switch to Hybrid view to see the location on a satelite image.) If you get lost after that, you're on your own ;)

See you there! We're leaving tomorrow afternoon immediately after our oldest's football practice ends! :ilikeit: