Sign in to follow this  
Eric

Boston Info

I am looking at moving from SA to Boston are, more specifically Weston and Wellesley. Has anybody got any advice on the areas, would also appreciate comments on schools in the area.

Welcome to SAUSA Eric.

Wow Boston is becoming pretty popular lately (similiar thread)

According to Wikipedia:

Weston is a town in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States. The population was 11,469 at the 2000 census.

It is one of the most expensive suburbs in the Boston area and is also the richest place in Massachusetts by per capita income. It is home to Regis College, which is also the site of the Spellman Museum of Stamps and Postal History. Weston is one of the most affluent towns in the United States. Weston also has the number one public school system in Massachusetts, according to Boston Magazine (2005). It has one of the lowest crime rates among Metro-west Boston suburbs. It is also home of the Weston Friendly Society of the Performing Arts which is Massachusetts' second oldest community theater company and its most storied, featuring former US president William Howard Taft in several leading roles before, during and after his time in office.

Sounds like a grand place. There is more info on the City of Weston website including links on schools. How old are your kid/s?

Now Wellesley looks like its much of the same. And again the City of Wellesley page has more info on schools and such.

Unfortunately I havent been to either.

Edited by Tokolosi

Thanks Tokolosi, the kids are 12 and 15. I am also considering private schools.

Hello all,

I am looking to chat with anyone in the Southern New Hampshire area (Manchester, Concord, Nashua) looking for general advice on areas, schools etc etc.

* Do you pay any tax when buying a car privately?

* For a $15k car, what would the typical car insurance rate be? (5+ yrs accident free)

* Apart from federal income tax, what other deductions (of significance) would there be off my salary?

Thanks

Bradley

I am looking for someone in Boston to strip a printer for parts. I will arrange for shipping/mailing to South Africa. Any help will be appreciated!! B)