Sign in to follow this  
Hendie

LSD Trips and Arrivals

As our membership starts to lean more and more towards folks still waiting for their immigration applications to be processed, it has become clear that there is a specific need for assistance with things like LSD trips and also those first few days and weeks after arrival. One could say Soft Landings, but we don't want to step on toes here!

Anyway, use this forum for posting enquries, requests, tips and suggestions for these very important phases of immigration. We will also move topics that clearly fall into this category into this forum as we spot them.

Enjoy!

Sorry Hendie, I just thought that it had a funny heading. But if you could help me with my "trip"

that would be great. :ph34r:

Andrew

Edited by Andrew

assistance with things like LSD trips and

Ok, ek is seker blond, waarvoor staan LSD? Ek dag julle praat van 'drugs' assistance

Edited by tomasmik

Haai en ek dog LSD trip is een van die eerste akronieme wat 'n potensiële immigrant moet ken?

Look, See, and Decide Trip Hettie :)

:cowboy: Hendie

Ok .................... nou is ek met jou ................

Thanks for the clarification Hendie.

Now I understand. B)

Andrew

Hettie, thanks for asking! LOL I thought I would wait for somebody else to ask the question! LOL

Ok .................... nou is ek met jou ................

ek lag myself dood! ek het ook nie verstaan wat beteken hulle'!

Poulus Petrus.

Dankie Tomasmik ! :ilikeit: Het ook nie geweet waarvoor LSD staan nie - gedog dit staan vir Lucy in the Sky with Daimonds ......... :P

Sien nou's die raaisel opgelos :ilikeit:

What do you call three hippies on LSD?

Triplets.

:P

Edited by AntCPT

My flights are booked for my LSD trip to the US in Feb 2011 but I dont have any idea where would be a good place to stay and I am hoping some forumites could give me advice.

I am scheduled to arrive at LA International on the morning of 18 Feb and that is all I know at this point in time. I am thinking of exploring Southern California (LA-San Diego) and maybe take a trip to Vegas.

My question is this: What is a good area to have as a base? Should I try find a hotel/motel in LA (North, South, East or West?) or should I rather stay in SD. I heard that LA traffic is a nightmare - maybe SD would be a better choice... i just dont know.

I would love to rent an expensive hotel suite in Hollywood or Beverly Hills but due to financial considerations that is completely out of the question. I will have to resort to a more modest alternative that suits my hip pocket. Please keep this in mind when making suggestions!

I visited southern California in August last year and stayed in the Irvine area. Admittedly the reason for my visit was to attend some classes at the Meguiars Head Office in Irvine, so it made perfect sense to me. However, I found the Irvine area to be a nice central base as it is roughly midway between LA and San Diego, with relatively easy access to both via highway or public transport and the accommodation was reasonably priced.

What is a good area to have as a base?

For what you're trying to achieve San Diego or L.A. are both good options to have as a base; don't think it would make a huge difference.

On the I5 and outside of rush hour traffic L.A. and S.D. is only around 2 hours apart.

You can explore S.D. and get a real good feel for it in a few days (4-5) or even less if you're not particularly interested in tourist attractions.

For me S.D. has a small city feel (feels like Pretoria to me) with lots of suburbs that are very different.

L.A. is a different beast altogether; you could spend a month there and still have stuff to see / do.

Feels like a flatter, lower much less "beknopte" London.

Not sure if that has helped at all, but look forward to hearing your feedback :)

Thank you Woodie & Fiela... I am considering whether to rent a car (with a GPS) at the airport upon arrival and head to a hotel somewhere between LA and SD. Do you guys think it is sensible or is it too scary to take on LA traffic especially as it will be the first time that I would have to drive a left hand drive car and driving on the other side of the road! Is there a southbound freeway that goes around LA, thus missing most of LA's hectic traffic?

Thank you Woodie & Fiela... I am considering whether to rent a car (with a GPS) at the airport upon arrival and head to a hotel somewhere between LA and SD. Do you guys think it is sensible or is it too scary to take on LA traffic especially as it will be the first time that I would have to drive a left hand drive car and driving on the other side of the road! Is there a southbound freeway that goes around LA, thus missing most of LA's hectic traffic?

Rent a car, but buy a GPS!!!

And I'd buy a decent one.

You will most certainly get your money's worth :)

And it's something that you'll use again, once you move here, and you'll be using it a lot, a great lot.

I find L.A. traffic hectic, fast, gritty, crazy, scary, slow, mad, infuriating, fun, efficient, standstill... all at once.

But then I don't mind driving and I'm pretty brave.

If you're a compitent driver with eyes in the back and sides of your head then you'll do just fine, else good luck :D

And there are lots of freeways in and around L.A. so yeah woohoo, bring it on!