Sign in to follow this  
storm_ice

Show me your House

Lovely house Durbs! :ilikeit:

Yes Grant, it can be disturbing when you share a wall with your neighbours. We're lucky, the dwelling was built by decent craftsmen and we do not have a problem.

Wow Durbs! Very, very nice pad you have there! :ilikeit: I like the interior design, very elegant and expressive. (I almost made a typo there and typed "expensive" instead of "expressive" ^_^ )

Spokie, raak jy nie bang so alleen nie? Dit lyk na 'n lekker huis - 'n plaashuis, een waar jy kan kook, raas en kinders grootmaak. As die omgewing kaler en droeër was, sou ek kon sweer dis 'n plaasopstal daar van die Klein Karoo se wêreld. :D

We moved about a month ago from a farm house into an appartment. A top appartment. Sometimes it almost sounds if we are living on the bottom floor. You can hear doef..doef...almost like someone walking on the top floor...weird..anyway...we have one big problem ...our washing machine seems to be off balance...so everytime it starts spinning it goes cluck...cluck... doef...doef...we have tried everything (except buying a new one) the only thing that helps is to sit on it...so everytime it goes doef...doef...we all jump to get there ASAP to sit on it...

Don't let their husbands hear you say that :o:P:D

:lol:

Spokie, raak jy nie bang so alleen nie? Dit lyk na 'n lekker huis - 'n plaashuis, een waar jy kan kook, raas en kinders grootmaak. As die omgewing kaler en droeër was, sou ek kon sweer dis 'n plaasopstal daar van die Klein Karoo se wêreld. :D

Bang vir wat? :whome: Nou die aand wakker geword van die coyotes wat tjank...

:roflol:

My laundry is upstairs too. It's nice in that you don't have to lug the dirty washing downstairs and then take the clean washing all back again, but the machine makes a heck of a noise with big items like sheets and towels on the spin cycle. Some days it sounds as if the machine is coming downstairs for coffee! :rolleyes:

Bev

Ours does the same...seems to be a bit of a pattern here :D I usually stop it and rearrange the laundry - that usually does the trick.

Ours does the same...seems to be a bit of a pattern here :D I usually stop it and rearrange the laundry - that usually does the trick.

I knew a lady that complained about the same thing and when I checked her machine it still had the steel rods in place that are used for transporting it. :lol:

Yes, Shayne... my brother once told me that a friend of his had that problem and when he checked, it still had the steel clips in.. :D I thought perhaps this was the problem with some of our posters but actually I think it is the machines in general. Especially with larger, heavier loads... the washing sits too much on one side and then the clomp clomp, doef doef starts....lol

Durbs, did you won the lotto ....... or robbed a bank .... or what????

Quite expressive (expensive) oops there I make the same mistake .......

That's only a house that you can dream of ......

Edited by tomasmik

Anyone want to move close to the beach?? They can have our lovely home and we'll even throw in great neighbours with the deal, a cul de sac, a community pool with an active summer swim team and how about a boat launch.....any takers for Mount Pleasant, which is a suburb of Charleston South Carolina - around 45000 people. See the link in the classified section :D

We rent one half of the duplex pictured below - the half inside the frame, of course. We would like to buy it one day, because the schools (and neighbourhoods) are very good, but we'll have to wait and see. The trees, as you can see, throw down leaves, not dollar notes. :whome:

Rental001.jpg

Rental002.jpg

Wow what a beautiful neirbourhood and gorgeous autumm colours