Sign in to follow this  
Annetta

Burbank Apartments

Hello

I'm trying to find my way around Burbank Calif. I will need to rent a one bedroom apartment for about twelve months. Can anyone refer me to websites that I can search to get info. Also what would be a reasonble price to pay?

Welcome to SAUSA Annetta.

Try Apartment Guide. They have search functions that you can base on area, size, price etc.

As for what you should be paying, its going to be very subjective to the area. Shop around and I'm sure you will find out what the going rate in a particular spot is.

Hi Annetta

You can also look at www.rent.com Remember to print the little voucher and tell the apartment manager that you found it on apartment/rent.com. Some of them give you a R100 moving in fee.

Bev

Hi Annetta

rent.com offers you a $100 (not a R100 ;) ), while apartmentsearch.com will offer you $200 if you mention their name at the time of signing!

I used Rent.com, and after about 2 - 3 months, received a $100 debit card in the mail :ilikeit:

Oops! Old habits die hard! :blush-anim-cl:

Also check out Craigslist.com, you might find someone who you can sublet from for a while, or even a roommate situation, which might be cheaper and you would make friends that way :ilikeit:

Thanks everyone. :) I'll browse those. I went onto the Burbank Leader site. Just a question. Does one pay rent weekly or monthly?

There's a hectic amount of info to find out. Thank goodness for SAUSA!

Anetta, I think most rentals are monthly, but you can get weekly rentals, and extended stay is one of them I have seen, I think it is used by business people. I will see if I can find a website for them.

... Just a question. Does one pay rent weekly or monthly? ...

Weekly rentals are usually corporate units for business people and vacationers. If figured out, they are also spendier than monthly rentals.

When looking for a place to rent, take into consideration which companies include all utilities, which include everything but electric and which include nothing. Those that include everything may seem more expensive, but in the long run work out cheaper: utility bills can be kinda spendy... Good luck!

Thanks to every one that replied. :)

I'll be going over for an interview so armed with this info I'll know look around at what is there.