Sign in to follow this  
John

Bring & Braai in April 01

Will there be a carpool from Milwaukee? :D

:D Ian, if you can organize one, we'll supply you with beer when you get here... a couple of cases of Shiner Bock - brewed and worshiped in Texas!

'n Bring en Braai in ons valley is 'n paar bakkies met koelbokse en roosters op erens in 'n gestroopte mielieland... :lol:

K

:ilikeit: K, 'n boer maak 'n plan (of mag mens dit nie meer sê nie?)... waar daar 'n wil is, is daar 'n weg...

This is just a quick reminder of the braai tomorrow (April 1 - and no, it's not April's fool) at Mansfield Dam Park, starting at around 11 a.m. and going until around 4 or 5 p.m. It looks like we'll have one beautiful, sunny day in the midst of the wonderful few rainy days we've had lately. Come out and enjoy the day with us!

PLEASE POST PICTURES FOR US!

Sam, here are the pictures of our braai at Mansfield Dam Park on Sunday.

It truly was a nice day. I'm guessing about 30 people showed up, which is on the low side since there are many more South Africans in the area. However, those that came had a great time. Usually we leave at 4-5 pm, but this time the last lot left at 6.30 pm! Eventually I almost felt like lighting the fire again for dinner!

This time we also had guests from as far away as the San Francisco Bay Area. Tony & Lorraine Croft, who we got to know when we lived there 10 years ago, flew down to Texas on Thursday to make along weekend out of it. We made 10 lbs of boerewors, and that's what we ate all weekend long!

Ian, several of us had Shiner's out there. If you had come down from Milwaukee, I'm sure we could've spared a few... ;)

Thanks John! Wish I was there!

Made sosaties once for our 'yankee' friends: had all the neighbors come over because of the smell coming from the braai. We only made enuf for 2 per adult and 1 per child, not enuf for the rest of the neighborhood: we made up a story that it was made from elephant meat and all the nosey neighbors left ! :lol:

:D Sam!

They may not have appreciated it as much as we do anyway. My wife sometimes sausage rolls and pies. It takes a lot of work to make them. I'm always hesitant for them to be given away because most don't appreciate the taste and the amount of work that goes into them. That, of course, leaves for me... :whome:

Oh, John! I understand what you are saying! My koeksisters were a hit, but sadly, we did not get many to eat...