Sign in to follow this  
Kurtis

SA Rugby Boardgame

I am looking for information on a 'boardgame' that was made in South Africa about 1970-1980's. It was about Rugby...and a great game to play. I had ordered a copy from South Africa....and played with friends for years. I made a major move a few years ago and some belongings were lost...including my games.

Unfortunately I can not remember the company who made it. It was advertised in the The South African paper 'Rapport" - it's cards and gameboard instructions were in both English and Afrikaans. It had colored art work of players (blue and orange jersies) in lineouts, scrums, etcetra on the gameboard; You rolled dice and followed arrows to the next 'postion', as well as playing cards. That is really all the information I have on it.

This is an excellent game to play about rugby. If you know of any people to contact or information about this game I would appreciate any help you would give. Thank you.

Kurt Mericle

[Ohio,USA]

Hi Kurtis, welcome to SAUSA.

Is this the one you are talking about? This one was sold by BP stations in 1968.

Rugby_Game.jpg

Janneman,

Thank you for your e-mail -unfortunately, the BP game is not the one I am looking for. It is not surprising, however, that there are so many games on Rugby.

Kurtis

Hi Kurtis, welcome to SAUSA.

Is this the one you are talking about? This one was sold by BP stations in 1968.

(Kurtis, I deleted the duplicate photographs. It was getting cluttered - Janneman :) )

Edited by Janneman

I am looking for information on a 'boardgame' that was made in South Africa about 1970-1980's. It was about Rugby...and a great game to play. I had ordered a copy from South Africa....and played with friends for years. I made a major move a few years ago and some belongings were lost...including my games.

Unfortunately I can not remember the company who made it. It was advertised in the The South African paper 'Rapport" - it's cards and gameboard instructions were in both English and Afrikaans. It had colored art work of players (blue and orange jersies) in lineouts, scrums, etcetra on the gameboard; You rolled dice and followed arrows to the next 'postion'. There were as well a few cards I think used for kicking for points. That is really all the information I have on it.

This is an excellent game to play about rugby. If you know of any people to contact or information about this game I would appreciate any help you would give. Thank you.

Kurt Mericle

[Ohio,USA]

(THIS POST WAS MERGED WITH AN EARLIER ONE BY SAM)

Edited by Sam

Is this the game you are looking for? It is complete except for the ball & dice which went missing years ago. I purchased it as a young boy in South Africa in 1974 iirc but can't remember where I got it from. Also, unfortunately, I don't know who made it & there are no manufacturers or other details on any item. Maybe someone will recognise the game & have further identifying details.

rugby test board game.pdf