Sign in to follow this  
einselec

Anybody in Phoenix

Hi there

I have been offered a job in Phoenix! Is there any other SA people that can give my wife and me an idea of what life is like in Phoenix?

My mother-in-law stays in Tucson and we spent a month living there in Dec and January. I only went to Phoenix for the interview and have no idea of what it is like.

We stay in Brackenfell that is close to Cape Town and are a little bit scared of moving to such a big city like Phoenix.

Any comments an correspondance will be appreciated

Regards from Cape Town

I dont live in Phoenix, but just to put it in perpective I moved from Toti to San Francisco, and I managed just fine, and you will too!!!!

Even after being here for almost 10 years there are days when I am sitting in bumper to bumper traffic, or out shopping, and I have to pinch myself and say yes it is real you are really living in the USA.

Good luck with the new job and the move, you will be fine!!!! :ilikeit:

I have been offered a job in Phoenix!

Good on ya mate! I'm glad for you.

Phoenix is a small town. Dont worry about a thing. It's just spread out thats all. Its not like you are moving into a 33rd floor apartment in downtown Chicago.

Phoenix is exactly like Brackenfell except the roadsigns are all in English and there isnt a Pick & Pay. It may also get a tad warmer than Brackenfell.

I don't live in Phx, but have visited a ton of times.. Its an awesome place. Tons to do, see etc. And its only a few hours from Vegas.

Its really not that big.. its small and spread out.. of course, Mesa, Scottsdale and other all surround it.

Hi there

I have been offered a job in Phoenix! Is there any other SA people that can give my wife and me an idea of what life is like in Phoenix?

My mother-in-law stays in Tucson and we spent a month living there in Dec and January. I only went to Phoenix for the interview and have no idea of what it is like.

We stay in Brackenfell that is close to Cape Town and are a little bit scared of moving to such a big city like Phoenix.

Any comments an correspondance will be appreciated

Regards from Cape Town

Corken, I've removed the double comments that I guess you posted by accident. Did you want to post a response? -jerseygirl

Edited by jerseygirl

and there isnt a Pick & Pay.
:lol:

Sorry, digressing for a moment... I was four years old when that Pick & Pay had their opening celebration. As a kid, I watched the fireworks during their annual show, saw Haley's Comet through telescopes set up in their parking lot, and was in the crowd as a child when David Hasselhoff visited!

Phoenix might be more stretched out, but it will never have my "corner store" with the big Joshua Door chair (where Woolies is now.) Ah, the good old days.

Thanx for all the replies. Also found Tucson to be stretched out over huge area but it does not really give you the feeling that it is a city.

Just a bit worried because the wife and me both come from the platteland. Found the Americans to be very friendly and helpfull. The company that offered me the job in Phoenix waited for me for 10 months before I could meet them for my interview. They are also prepared to wait for me but I fear that the EB3 visa under which we are applying will take for ever and they might lose interest if it drags on too long.

Greeting from a soaking wet Cape Town