Sign in to follow this  
Hendie

Immigration Links

www.visajourney.com

Wish I had known about this site while I was waiting on my spousal visa in SA. Now that the time has come for me to lift conditions from my GC, is has been invaluable :ilikeit: Even has a SA portal. For those coming to the USA and for those still dealing with the nitty-gritty of immigration in the States it is great. Actually, I think it was Calligirl that mentioned it here once?

Yep it was me that mentioned it, I agree great site, it helped me sooooooo much :ilikeit:

Is this thread only for people considering immigration, or also for help once they are here? If not here is the link to the SA consulate in LA(which covers quite a few of the western states) which I had to use when it came time to renew my passport ( and they were very helpful)

http://www.link2southafrica.com/

Yep it was me that mentioned it, I agree great site, it helped me sooooooo much :ilikeit:

Is this thread only for people considering immigration, or also for help once they are here? If not here is the link to the SA consulate in LA(which covers quite a few of the western states) which I had to use when it came time to renew my passport ( and they were very helpful)

http://www.link2southafrica.com/

Some useless information which just keeps me speechless:

We had to renew two of our passports last year. Both expired in October and we were a little late off the mark in sending off the application so we were concerned, very concerned. For those that don't know the procedure is you mail an application together with a money order and the photographs to the consulate (in our case LA). The consulate shuffles the papers around and sends them on to South Africa. The passport is then printed there and mailed back to the consulate in LA. The consulate then sends you a letter requesting the that you mail teh old passports. The consulate then clips teh edges of the passports and sends the new and old passports back to you. They say to allow at least six months. I was thinking - Heck it takes up to six months if you are in South Africa. Well blow me down, we sent the application off in June and got the new passports with the old ones back before the old ones expired in October.

You were lucky!

I sent 3 passports for renewal and got 2 back in about 5 months. My daughter's passport took over a year and a lot of begging emails to the consulate.

I got it eventually, so I am grateful!

Bev

Hi all,

I'm a Business Immigration attorney (formerly from JHB, now in Austin).

Here are some great sites that I use for info:

1. For good, reliable info about immigration attorneys, check out www.aila.org (American Immigration Lawyers Association). Among immigration attorneys in the US, we do not consider you to be bona fide if you are not a member of this professional association.

2. For introductory info, check out the US Citizenship and Immigration Service's website (www.uscis.gov) and the Department of State's website (www.state.gov).

3. For info about the different U.S Consulates and Embassies worldwide, check out www.usembassy.gov.

Hope that helps.

Toni

tcastel[at]kppblaw.com

(512) 852-4346

Hi everybody,

There was a girl and her mom in SA who helped us with passport applications. Her name is Allet. Can anyone help with her contact info please. Her allet[at]mweb.co.za does not work anymore.

Spekkies

Hi everybody,

There was a girl and her mom in SA who helped us with passport applications. Her name is Allet. Can anyone help with her contact info please. Her allet[at]mweb.co.za does not work anymore.

Spekkies

Not sure if this is who you are looking for? .. I think Elle worked with her mom as well... She is a member on SAUSA - her details can be found in the Members tab.

Elle Landzaad(Rudman)

Good day

Can you please advertise my services to your clients that require one of these services?

I can assist in the following:

Military Discharge certificates

SA Police clearance certificates

Unabridged birth certificates

SANDF Discharge Certificates and SAP Clearance Certificates - for immigration and work permit purposes.

10. The average time to render the service will take approximately 3 - 4 weeks from the day that the complete application is received at the Pretoria Criminal Record Centre (SAPS) until the Clearance Certificate is issued.

My contact details:

Cell phone: 072 895 6900
E-mail: lourensetchell[at]gmail.com

Fax: 086 604 5270

Yours truly

LOURENS ETCHELL

Edited by Lourens Etchell
  • Like 1

Saw this article today that might be of interest to any potential immigrants

8 hours ago, Superkruz said:

Saw this article today that might be of interest to any potential immigrants

Basically an advert but it's a nice overview of what the available options are. 

Interesting what they say about L visas becoming more difficult, not surprising given some of what we've seen described on this forum being a very clear gaming of the system rather than the original intention. Guess uscis had to wise up eventually.