Sign in to follow this  
Slaptjips

seriously confused

For the first time since joining this forum I saw a 'warning' thingamobob under my name with a 0% next to it. I've never seen this before. What on earth does this mean?

It means you are being watched! :blink:

Hehehehe.

Slaptjips... you make me hungry. Anyway...

Every member can see their own bar. Everyone's bars are visible to moderators. You can only see your own. 0% means you are posting within the set boundaries of the forum, and you may post with an open heart. Every post is checked constantly.

Unfortunately, moderators can not stop the posts that forumites post that are offencive, uses bad language and are used to upset other members, cause fights and so on... (Trolling). Those members that misbehave, are politely asked to stop their misbehaviour in private. If they do not behave after that, moderators will try to intervene with strict direction. If members still misbehave, the bar is being used. Hopefully the offender is listening now. If not, his bar will run out and his membership revoked.

But normally when Hendie starts chatting to the offender he starts listening. They try their luck again and test their boundaries (like all children do), and then start behaving.

The warning bar is to keep members aware that they are watched and can not just post trying to upset the harmony of a well-behaving forum. It is just an aid for moderation purposes... and keeping members "tamed". MOST do not need moderation. They moderate themselves.

Edited by Dedre

Thank you for the explanation Dedre. I have never seen this before (do I check that closely?! :P ) and wanted to make sure that I knew what this was about. Phew - relief!

oops.....

My pleasure. We had lots of questions when we got the upgrade from the green and gold.

Now Knersus, why do you have an "oops!"? What have you done? Come-on, tell the rest of us!

does 99% mean anything....?

Just kidding.

I have behaved.... :whome:

Edited by Knersus

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this