Sign in to follow this  
Hein

Newest American

Not that it is a big deal to anyone else but me and my family, but I finally got my American Citizenship last Tuesday, Dec 9 after only about 3 months from application to the ceremony. I really dreaded going through the whole process again as getting my Residence was tough enough, but after one set of fingerprints and an interview that did not last longer than 10 minutes, I got my letter to report for the ceremony within days of the interview.

So for all the people still in line, hang in there. The rewards are really worth the wait.

Wow! Congrats! Will be picking your brain here pretty soon!

Of course it is big deal!!! :ilikeit: Wonderful news - Congratulations!!!! :D

Congratulations Hein … we will be applying for our citizenship in nine months time. :ilikeit:

Congratulations, pretty much an anti-climax, all the worring, cost, hassles, etc and then within minutes it's all over.

Congratulations Hein & Co.

What a great Christmas present! Congratulations and Merry Christmas.

Congrats Hein, what a accomplishment!!!

Have a great festive season...and enjoy the weather this weekend!!!!LOL

Congrats, Hein. It's a VERY big deal. Way to go ending the year on such a high note. I agree: becoming a citizen is fast and painless compared to getting PR. Good luck to Sam, Oscar and others who will become citizens in 2009. It's a breeze.

Not that it is a big deal to anyone else but me and my family, but I finally got my American Citizenship last Tuesday, Dec 9 after only about 3 months from application to the ceremony. I really dreaded going through the whole process again as getting my Residence was tough enough, but after one set of fingerprints and an interview that did not last longer than 10 minutes, I got my letter to report for the ceremony within days of the interview.

So for all the people still in line, hang in there. The rewards are really worth the wait.

CONGRATS , and extremely well done, hope you had a blast, I'm sure youre happy its behind you