Sign in to follow this  
Slaptjips

potjie resep

Durbs, what is 'bouquet garni'?

Any Saffers up for a potjie in the next two to three weeks?

The bouquet garni (French for "garnished bouquet") is a bundle of herbs usually tied together with string and mainly used to prepare soup, stock, and various stews. The bouquet is boiled with the other ingredients, but is removed prior to consumption.

Wikipedia

More bouquet garni

Even more...

En 'n video op die koop toe

Durbs, what is 'bouquet garni'?

Any Saffers up for a potjie in the next two to three weeks?

Slaptjips, a 'bouquet garni' is as Janneman mentioned a bunch of mixed herbs, I usually place them in a sack with a string attached to it. The flavors are releasted through the sack with the herbs in contact and easy to remove.

I'm game for a potjie, but the next 2-3 weeks is tight for me, I'm off to Mississippi this week and will be in Florida the 1st week of July. If I can get it in the weekend of the 18th or 25th June I'm in.

Edited by Durbs

Jinne Durbs, why not call it a herb sakkie then?! But, I've learned something new! Thank you for the info Janneman - appreciate it.

Durbs, my hubs returns to the Middle East at the end of the month, so maybe the weekend of June 18th. Will keep you updated!