Sign in to follow this  
Deedz

I fed lunch to homeless people today

I had the priviledge today, along with my co-workers to spend 4 hours at "The Bridge" at Centenary, a facility that feeds the homeless in downtown St Louis.

For some miraculous reason I was singled out to be the hospitality host of the center during these four hours. This involved giving these wonderful homeless people I met, as they walked into the center, their mail which is mailed to the church so they at least have an address to receive their unemployment and disability checks etc.

The facility also provides simple toiletry needs, toothpaste, toothbrushes, small bars of soap, to these people in need.

I have to tell you all, that I walked away from today, so humbled and so grateful for the experience. I cuddled small children, hugged and listened to the men and women that walked through that door. I truly believe we should all take time out of our lives to reach out, if only for 4 hours, and give back to so many of those in need

To those of you that have not had done this yet, I urge you to reach out. I can promise you an experience like no other.

A more humbled, grateful me.

Edited by Deedz

Good on you Deedz for helping out! :)

Dee, my kiddos and I did kinda the same thing at a Women's shelter that I LOVE. It made my kids appreciate what they have and made them more aware of others' problems.

Abused women is something VERY close to my heart, since my sister is one and I have a little personal experience on that front too...

You can never fully appreciate another's plight without seeing it firsthand. Good for you!