Sign in to follow this  
John

Famous South African Geologist Murdered In Kenya

Two days ago I received an email from the daughter of Campbell Bridges, a famous South African geologist in Kenya, who was murdered by a mob.

My father has just been murdered in Kenya. He was arguably the most famous gem geologist in the world - you can google 'Campbell Bridges.' He was from South Africa originally but moved to Kenya. He and my brother Bruce and 2 of our loyal workers from our mines in Tsavo were ambushed on the mines in Tsavo by a vastly superior number - who had been put there to mine illegally by politicians trying to take the mines from us. Bruce was wounded but is all right and because this goes right to the top of the Kenyan government we are very worried that they will come after Bruce because he was a witness. We are trying to get this out to as many news agencies as possible as quickly as possible to provide maximum publicity so that it will stop any further violence or killing.

If you have any contacts at all at newsagencies or any television source that would be wonderful - we are trying to get as much press on this as possible.

A few moments ago, I saw this article about Campbell Bridges' murder on News24.

If anyone has contact in the mainstream press, please pass this on. These days it looks like it is only through exposing this stuff in the press that one has a shot at curbing it.

Sad story. How did she end up emailing you? Did you know them?

I saw this story on CNN this morning! :o

Very sad that they resort to this sort of thing.

Hopefully, with so much exposure they will leave Bruce alone.

Bev

Sad story. How did she end up emailing you? Did you know them?

She is on our SA-Austin.com mailing list and we've exchanged a few emails. I believe she was in Chicago at the time of her father's death, but has since flown to Kenya.

I saw this story on CNN this morning!

Very sad that they resort to this sort of thing.

I am so glad that the family is starting to get the kind of exposure that they are hoping will stop further attacks. Yes, it is very sad that they resort to this kind of stuff. I'm sure her father obtained his mining rights through the proper channels years ago, and now greedy politicians want a piece of the pie.