Sign in to follow this  
Jvander

Are You Craving Some Boerewors?

How about juicy Texas sized boerewors, at just $4.99 a pound! Well, look no further! If you happen to be travelling to Houston, or be near it - There is a butcher shop called Meat Masters in Katy. The address is - 2020 South Fry, Ste. G in Katy, Texas. If you take I-10 West, exit Fry rd., and take a left. If you take I-East, exit Fry rd., and take a right. Continue down S. Fry road until you see a Walgreens on your right. Meat Masters is right next to it. It is made on request, so please call (281.646.0505) beforehand and ask either Marvin or Kathy to make some boerewors, however many pounds you want. You can pick it up the following day. If you try the boerewors, but for instance you like a lot of garlic in it, then tell Marvin the next time you order, and he'll make it that way for you. The guy is very kind. Seeing that y'all are coming from far away, buy a good amount, and put it in the freezer. Marvin told me some folks will usually purchase around 70 pounds of boerewors at a time. The meat is outstanding, and I cannot emphasize enough about how high quality it is, compared to what you buy in stores. More information can be found on his website at http://www.meatmasterskaty.com regarding quality, and such. A few other South Africans in the area we know absolutely loved it hands down. Some of us have gone as far as to make our own boerewors at home. You cannot deny the fact that it is a messy job. Save yourself the hassle, and try the boerewors at Meat Masters, I promise you will not be disappointed! Store hours are on the website, and please let the rest of us know about your experiences!

There is also a butcher in New Braunfels who makes boerewors on order. Last price I heard was under $3/lbs and the feedback I have been getting has been very good. If anyone is interested in the contact details, let me know.

Hi John, could you post the details here (or pm them to me)?

We might be heading that way and it will be great to get some good boerewors :)

Hi John, could you post the details here (or pm them to me)?

We might be heading that way and it will be great to get some good boerewors :)

Spokie, check your PM.