Sign in to follow this  
Utah

Inventory Valuation Lead - Subcontractor To Ibm Consulting

The following job lead has been brought to my attention. If you are interested in applying for the job, send me a PM and I will facilitate sending your resume to the connection that is looking to fill this position:

IBM Consulting is undertaking a finance transformation engagement with a Chinese telecoms company.

This role is to lead one of the workstreams.

Duration: 130 man days (~7 months) : 4 weeks on-site, followed by 1 week at home

Start date: November 2009

Experience: 13-16 years, North American and Western Europe working experience

Required Skills:

--Ability to understand how to design and implement an inventory valuation process from raw material through customer acceptance

--Ability to recommend financial definitions and policies that are needed to define inventory, to value inventories, and to financially control inventories - GAAP knowledge essential (China has moved towards IFRS)

--Ability to make recommendations for the best approach to value inventory for a telecommunication solutions industry

Desirable Skills:

--Inventory costing methods from design to source to make (manufacture) to deliver to service (in this case, equipment installation costing)

--Full understanding of standard costing and ABC costing methodologies

--Strong inventory accounting knowledge

As this is a transformation planning phase, the work would include:

1) Developing training and presentations on high level leading best practices (in this case, it will be to develop leading practice material on costing methodologies and inventory valuation practices)

2) Determine and document client as-is processes

3) Perform Gap Analysis of leading best practices to client as-is processes

4) Identify high level improvement opportunities based upon the gap analysis

5) Describe high level opportunity solutions

6) Develop a roadmap to implement opportunity solutions

It is preferable that the candidate has a background within the telecommunications industry and with Oracle, as the client uses an Oracle ERP system (Oracle ERP 11i)...however, these are not requirements

IBM and its client wish to fill this role quickly.