Sign in to follow this  
Tokolosi

High Flying

A civilian passenger accidentally ejected himself from an air force display plane in South Africa while reaching for something to steady himself during a mid-air drill, according to a reported.

The man, who has not been named, pulled the emergency lever between his legs while on a joyride with an experienced pilot from South Africa's Silver Falcons air display team, the story said. Once the two rockets attached to his chair were activated, he immediately flew through the plane's plexiglass-type canopy and more than 100 yards in the air. Eventually, he floated back down to the ground on a parachute which opened automatically, the story said.

South African Airforce bosses picked up the unharmed passenger in a helicopter, the story said.

link to original story

post-72-125735551439.jpg

I have been googling this story and it is interesting just how many online blogs and newspapers are reporting it. I am sorry but I can't help giggling everytime I read a different version.. my imagination runs riot. It is, however, a serious situation and thank goodness he came out of this experience unscathed... well perhaps in need of a new pair of trousers... I found a pic online which gives one a good idea what happened to the guy... :o

I can just imagine what went through his head, in addition to pieces of plexiglass...

"Crap this guy is going to fast! Whoa, I'm falling out of the dang seat. I wish I never came on this flight. Oh geesh his going to do another turn. Mommy! Oh, here is something I can grab on tooooooooooooooooooooo........"

:lol::lol: Hilarious!!! I am waiting for all the good South African jokes to come out of this!!! I am sure they will be very creative.... Honestly, I really do feel bad laughing but like you said Tokolosi,... so many things must have been going through his head...hehehehehehe!!!

:lol::lol: Hilarious!!! I am waiting for all the good South African jokes to come out of this!!! I am sure they will be very creative.... Honestly, I really do feel bad laughing but like you said Tokolosi,... so many things must have been going through his head...hehehehehehe!!!

I think nothing was going through his head - not thinking at all, probably.

Ek is net bly ek is nie die een wat sy onderklere moet was nie... :blink:

Ek dink die stoel het hom sommer uit sy onderklere geskiet. Onderbroek en skoene is seker nog steeds in die jet.

Ek dink die stoel het hom sommer uit sy onderklere geskiet. Onderbroek en skoene is seker nog steeds in die jet.

:lol:

Hey Gatiep, hoe het djy jou flight geniet? Ney man, ek dog ek is in die bus, maar toe ek die tou trek vir stop, toe gooi hy my sommer af!