Sign in to follow this  
oscar

South Africa Great Holiday But The Pizza Is Horrible

Some of my American friends have just returned from a vacation in SA. They had a wonderful time but found the pizza to be terrible. Lol

We just did a seven day cruise to the Nassau, Bahamas had a great time, met quite a few South Africans working on board. Other passengers referred to the South African accent of the entertainment officer as being “snooty sophisticated”

Edited by oscar

That's funny. I think the pizza here is terrible!

Agreed!!! It's the one thing I miss from SA, a real Italian pizza!

Ha ha ha... I agree...

The pizzas here suck :P

Especially pizza hut. I've eaten their pizza in Japan, England, France and the USA, but none of them compared to the SA ones.

That's the first place I'm going when I get there in January. I especially LOVE there cheesy garlic bread :)

Ummmm .... actually, the pizza here is SPECTACULAR. As are the bagels. Nothing quite like NYC pizza and bagels .... oops I have identified myself as a food snob! ph34r.gif

Some of my American friends have just returned from a vacation in SA. They had a wonderful time but found the pizza to be terrible. Lol

We just did a seven day cruise to the Nassau, Bahamas had a great time, met quite a few South Africans working on board. Other passengers referred to the South African accent of the entertainment officer as being “snooty sophisticated”

There are a lot of South Africans working on the cruise ships. They make pretty good money and get to see some great places. Every cruise I have taken there have been at least 4 or 5 that I have met.