Sign in to follow this  
Fiela

Office Protocol / Clothes / Etc

<note to self>When taking the boss out for golf, let him / her win A LOT!

This reminds me...

Remember how business deals in SA are often followed by an invite for a drink or a meal afterward? I was told that this "custom" does not happen in the US - it's considered to be a form of bribery. So, taking your boss out to lunch... :huh:

very true , at my company the boss / immediate supervisor is not allowed to buy any employee an alcoholic beverage.

Edited by oscar

I was in a situation in a company (my first job in this country). All project meetings were held after hours at "happy hour" at the local bar. All people involved in the project were expected to attend. Next morning there was another 2 hour meeting to discuss the decisions made the previous night. They were invariably overturned, and another after hours "meeting" would be scheduled for that evening. Needless to say, the company finally declared bankrupcy and closed their doors.

This reminds me...

Remember how business deals in SA are often followed by an invite for a drink or a meal afterward? I was told that this "custom" does not happen in the US - it's considered to be a form of bribery. So, taking your boss out to lunch... :huh:

<note to self>Don't try to get the boss drunk :P

Bosses, do give gifts, this last winter it was very cold in the office so the boss gave everyone a very nice fleece lined/ sued blanket with the company name on as well as gloves, and a windshield ice scraper.

They also buy pizza for everyone every few months.

Edited by oscar

Bosses, do give gifts, this last winter it was very cold in the office so the boss gave everyone a very nice fleece lined/ sued blanket with the company name on as well as gloves, and a windshield ice scraper.

They also buy pizza for everyone every few months.

That's brilliant and quite cool actually.

I'd love to get a work fleece / jumper :D

We also get free tickets for sporting events (good seats) for hockey, baseball , basketball and football (about six games per year)

We also get free tickets for sporting events (good seats) for hockey, baseball , basketball and football (about six games per year)

Nice!

I really like work social stuff like an evening out with work colleagues every now and then.

Not so many sport events here in Ireland, unless you like hurling (boo!) or football / soccer (double boo!).

And I like hockey, so can't wait to get there :)

I agree hockey is the best, basketball is ok i like going to the games as our tickets are two rows from the front.

tickets for hockey are around $120.00

Baseball $45.00 -

Football- club level $ 150.00

I would only be able to afford seats up in the nose bleeds.

Edited by oscar