Sign in to follow this  
John

Texas Potjie Festival 2011

The annual Texas Potjie Festival is now only 6 months away! Here are some details for Texas Potjie 2011:

Venue: KOA Campground in Rusk, TX

When: Labor Day weekend, Sep 2 - 5, 2011

Attention RV owners: If you are planning to attend Potjie 2011 and you would like a specific RV site, Rusk KOA will allow requests for specific RV sites if reservations are made by 3/1/2011 and paid in full by 4/1/2011. After 3/1/2011, the usual KOA RV reservation rules will apply.

For more information, please see the Upcoming Potjie page on the website.

If you have never been to a Texas Potjie and wonder what it is all about, please visit TexasPotjie.com

More information will be published as it is released.

Unfortunately I will not attend this years Potjie, an event that we look forward to every year, I will on vacation at the time soaking up the sun in sunny Florida. Bubba I was looking forward to you tasting my boeroworse, prehaps next year, however I hope you still make it to the Potjie this year, you will not be sorry.

Unfortunately I will not attend this years Potjie, an event that we look forward to every year, I will on vacation at the time soaking up the sun in sunny Florida. Bubba I was looking forward to you tasting my boeroworse, prehaps next year, however I hope you still make it to the Potjie this year, you will not be sorry.

Bummer Durbs! I was looking forward to braaiing some wors with you again this year. Enjoy Florida and hopefully we'll see you next year!

Bummer Durbs! I was looking forward to braaiing some wors with you again this year. Enjoy Florida and hopefully we'll see you next year!

Yeah I was looking forward to braaing again; nothing beats a boerie sizzling on the braai. I'm hoping to be at next years potjie, plans at the moment are to be in Indonesia during the latter part of August 2012 which I'm afraid is to close to the Potjie date, we will see.

Wish we could make it one year, but unfortunately it falls during a very busy time for farmers. :(

Spokie, we'll look forward to the opportunity coming at some point! :)

The Main Potjie category for Potjie 2011 has been announced... CHICKEN

The Main Potjie category for Potjie 2011 has been announced... CHICKEN

Chicken? Who's chicken?

John how about switching things up a bit and making the Main Category more challenging like pumpkin or fish? Perhaps not as tasty as Ox-tail or Lamb but people will have to come up with some creative receipts to cook pumpkin or fish in a traditional potjie. I'm aware that there's an Open category but lets make the Main category challenging and let the cream rise to the top.

I would like to see Nando's sponsor a separate category using there sauces with a handsome Nando's prize to the winner. Just some suggestions.

John how about switching things up a bit and making the Main Category more challenging like pumpkin or fish?

Yeah, or roadkill...:mellow:...^_^...:P...:lol:

Looking at that video on the Potjie Festival's website, doesn't look like much fun to me.

Not my cup of tea, too many backwards-looking people for my liking :D

But I wouldn't mind the food!

Spook, As ons dit kan vang net voor stroop tyd moet ons maar een of ander tyd wragtig plan maak en die lang pad vat?

Edited by Knersus
  • Like 1

Spook, As ons dit kan vang net voor stroop tyd moet ons maar een of ander tyd wragtig plan maak en die lang pad vat?

Net as hulle al hulle probleme uit kon sorteer. Die laaste een lyk my het so bietjie van 'n suur smakie in mense se monde gelaat. Miskien kan die organiseerders so bietjie terugvoering gee daaroor. Ek haal my hoed af vir hulle, hulle werk hulle self oor 'n mik net vir ander om fout te vind en kritiseer.

Net as hulle al hulle probleme uit kon sorteer. Die laaste een lyk my het so bietjie van 'n suur smakie in mense se monde gelaat. Miskien kan die organiseerders so bietjie terugvoering gee daaroor. Ek haal my hoed af vir hulle, hulle werk hulle self oor 'n mik net vir ander om fout te vind en kritiseer.

Is dit nie maar tipies Suid Afrikaans nie?? :-) Die klomp draadsitters wat altyd loop en fout soek maar te sleg is om iets self te reel??

• Like 2