Sign in to follow this  
Malamute

E-Verify Self Check Launched

USCIS has launched a 'self-check' tool so that allows........

you to check your employment eligibility in the United States. If any mismatches are found between the information you provide and your Department of Homeland Security or Social Security Administration records, Self Check will inform you of how to correct those mismatches.

Once you have confirmed your employment eligibility using Self Check, you are unlikely to encounter difficulties upon being hired by an E-Verify participating employer.

USCIS is releasing the E-Verify Self Check service in phases. At this point the service is offered only to users that maintain an address and are physically located in Arizona, Colorado, the District of Columbia, Idaho, Mississippi, or Virginia.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=2ec07cd67450d210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=2ec07cd67450d210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Could be useful for making sure that all your details are correct.....remembering that you must advise USCIS of an address change within 10 days every time you move etc.

Hello Malamute,

I work with international students and sometimes need a legal opinion on a student's visa case. Is this something you can help with?

Thanks!

Hello Malamute,

I work with international students and sometimes need a legal opinion on a student's visa case. Is this something you can help with?

Thanks!

Hi Slaptjips

While perhaps in another life I was a lawyer, as I quite enjoy the 'legalese' and getting to the bottom of clauses and conditions, visa matters, tax issues etc - and in fact did some of this in my previous 'life' in SA, I'm not legally trained, and would be woefully inadequate (not to mention irresponsible) in giving anyone a proper 'legal' opinion. There are, however, a couple of South African immigration lawyers that frequent this board and elsewhere that may be able to help when you need it.

A whole bunch more states have now been added to the e-verify self check. (This check means you can enter you own data and satisfy yourself that you have current authorisation to work in the USA.

http://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/ss5doc.htm#o-a-n-documents

A whole bunch more states have now been added to the e-verify self check. (This check means you can enter you own data and satisfy yourself that you have current authorisation to work in the USA.

http://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/ss5doc.htm#o-a-n-documents

Thanks for the link Malamute I checked my status and all is good. It makes a huge difference when you see it on the gov website. I still can't believe its me even almost a year later. I was sitting in my bosses office and we were going over reports and she has an American flag behind her. I said to myself who could have known that June 2011 I would be in the US gainfully employed and having a good life. Just shows how great God is and he listnes to prayers.

So to all you guys that are waiting for your opportunity, keeping on hoping and praying your time will come.

Eli :D

• Like 1