Sign in to follow this  
IceQueen

2012 July Winners

Congratulations to all that have won the DV 2012 lottery. This is just the beginning. There seems to be so many documents required etc but hoping that those that won will have successful interviews and finally hold a US greencard by the end of September 2012.

I would like to use this thread for any queries that invariably come up with the process.

I have a few questions that hopefully someone might be able to assist with:

1. Can I use the same photo that I used for the lottery application or should I take a new set when submitting the first set of forms? I don't see info on the official site about taking new pics.
  2. Address details - Can I use a relative/friends' address when submitting the first set of forms or can I leave this blank?

Once again... congratulations to all the lucky winners!

Congratulations IceQueen! Great idea to start this thread! I love your Signature showing how many times you entered the DV Lottery and then finally, success! I think it will give many people hope and it will encourage them to keep on trying :)

Can I use the same photo that I used for the lottery application or should I take a new set when submitting the first set of forms? I don't see info on the official site about taking new pics.

The photograph requirements for DV selectees are here. Just click on the "general photo requirements" link and then on the "photo requirements" link. Alternatively use this link here to go straight to the picture requirements. It states that the pictures must have been taken in the past 6 months. Your pictures from when you originally applied will be more than 6 months old by now, so my advice would be to get new ones.

Address details - Can I use a relative/friends' address when submitting the first set of forms or can I leave this blank?

On form DS-230 at question 10 - the question is "Permanent address in the United States where you intend to live, if known". Since you don't know where you will be living in the USA, you can write "UNKNOWN".

At Question 11 (GC delivery address) - you can write the address of your friend/relative here.

Edited by Superkruz

Thanks Superkruz. Gotta get those forms filled in and send tomorrow. Judging from my number, my interview could be as early as Nov/Dec. Fingers crossed I receive the police clearance and a copy of my matric certificate before then. I'm sending the request to SA on Monday as I need to sign an affidavit in front of the commissioner of oaths here at the Dubai consulate. So frustrating :(. Luckily I have all other doccies already as I needed most when we moved to Dubai.

[at]Eilleen - thanks for that. I guess persistence pays off eventually. Seems like we have been trying forever and now that its almost there it feels too soon! We even bought property here in Dubai during the "good times" and prices have dropped at least 30%. I guess we have to cross that bridge when we get there. For now, just save save save to have enough to move over. It all feels like a dream and we are so scared that the results will be rescinded again :(.

Am wondering how many winners are there from SA this year?

Am wondering how many winners are there from SA this year?

Good question! I have been looking for posts from other South Africans, but I have only found one or two.

If I remember correctly, last year about 900 people from South-Africa got selected for a green card in the lottery.

Good question! I have been looking for posts from other South Africans, but I have only found one or two.

If I remember correctly, last year about 900 people from South-Africa got selected for a green card in the lottery.

Hello, just checking in, saying Hi to everyone from a wet and rainy London. I'm a SAfrican and won the lotto this year having played it for the last 3 years. I was overjoyed when I realised that I had won. I always dreamed of living in the USA. Hopefully I'll get an interview and be accepted so that I can finally settle where I always wanted to live...

Hello, just checking in, saying Hi to everyone from a wet and rainy London. I'm a SAfrican and won the lotto this year having played it for the last 3 years. I was overjoyed when I realised that I had won. I always dreamed of living in the USA. Hopefully I'll get an interview and be accepted so that I can finally settle where I always wanted to live...

Congratulations!!! I came over 10 years ago and have never looked back. Very happy here :D

Hi all, also S-African who won this year (4th year of entering) Over the moon! I must add, when entering we did the "silly" think of entering through a 3rd party organisation (usagc.org) and paid $299 4 years ago (only afterwards realised we could have done it for free). BUT if we did not, we would never have known that we won as they phoned me to let me know by the 18th. I (for some reason) did not even know what my username /password was anymore...:rolleyes:

Hi all, also S-African who won this year (4th year of entering) Over the moon! I must add, when entering we did the "silly" think of entering through a 3rd party organisation (usagc.org) and paid $299 4 years ago (only afterwards realised we could have done it for free). BUT if we did not, we would never have known that we won as they phoned me to let me know by the 18th. I (for some reason) did not even know what my username /password was anymore...

Seems like these 3rd party organisations do serve a purpose after all. Congratulations Sulette and good luck.

The November bulletin is out. Looks like my number will come up in December. blink.gif

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5572.html

For those who won, you will not receive any notification in the mail. You need to check online for further instructions using your CN number. Good luck to those coming up for interviews in October and November.

Just received an email stating that I should log on to the site using my original CN. My interview date has been set for December 18. ohmy.gif

Just received an email stating that I should log on to the site using my original CN. My interview date has been set for December 18. ohmy.gif

Terrific news !!!:D So that means you must enter the USA before June 18, 2012.

Terrific news !!!:D So that means you must enter the USA before June 18, 2012.

"IF" we are successful? When we applied for our tourist visa the year before we went under AP for 4 months! Hopefully it shows on their systems so it would mean getting the visa on the same day.

Hi All, I just collected our passports with the magic VISA inside. DV 2012. I think I got a really low number, so from time that I was notified to VISA issued it was 5 months!!If anybody needs anything through the rest of DV2012, feel free to ask. It really is quite easy. Just do everything by the book and rather overprepare.

Hi All, I just collected our passports with the magic VISA inside. DV 2012. I think I got a really low number, so from time that I was notified to VISA issued it was 5 months!!If anybody needs anything through the rest of DV2012, feel free to ask. It really is quite easy. Just do everything by the book and rather overprepare.

Congrats Antc65, you just reminded me of my journey it seems like yesterday that I received my visa and now I have been here for little over year. Wow!!! i hope you are ready.

Cheers!

Eli