Sign in to follow this  
Eliab

It People In Md And Admin In Md

Hi All,

First of all I am not in HR. I am just an Accountant working for the state of MD. Well where I work there is more than a few IT positions and Admin positions available the money is not fantastic compared to the private sector but if you have just landed and have a green card or you have been in the US have green card its worth applying. Just make sure your papers have been translated meaning that you provide your education in American equivelent. When I had it done it was $250 because I need my documents in a hurry I think the normal cost is $130-150.

They don't provide any sponsorship.So dont apply if you dont have the right papers meaning visa, because it will be a waste of their time.

Here is the link for the positions and MD state employment.

http://compnet.comp.state.md.us/Career_Information/Job_Listings/

http://dbm.maryland.gov/jobseekers/Pages/JobSearch.aspx

Cheers

Eli (inbox me if you have any questions)

Hi All,

First of all I am not in HR. I am just an Accountant working for the state of MD. Well where I work there is more than a few IT positions and Admin positions available the money is not fantastic compared to the private sector but if you have just landed and have a green card or you have been in the US have green card its worth applying. Just make sure your papers have been translated meaning that you provide your education in American equivelent. When I had it done it was $250 because I need my documents in a hurry I think the normal cost is $130-150.

They don't provide any sponsorship.So dont apply if you dont have the right papers meaning visa, because it will be a waste of their time.

Here is the link for the positions and MD state employment.

http://compnet.comp.state.md.us/Career_Information/Job_Listings/

http://dbm.maryland.gov/jobseekers/Pages/JobSearch.aspx

Cheers

Eli (inbox me if you have any questions)

Thanks for that, could you or anyone else give contact details of organisations that do the 'American equivalent' qualification. Should one do it from SA or is it better to wait till you are in the US.

Thanks for that, could you or anyone else give contact details of organisations that do the 'American equivalent' qualification. Should one do it from SA or is it better to wait till you are in the US.

You will find all the different certified companies at Naces.org, but I used Educational perspective in Chicago. You probably can apply for that in SA I don't know what the requirement are because I applied for my translations after I landed. And had a US address. As for job application you might have a better response from employers if your phone and address are here and not overseas. It was hard for me to look for employment in the US while I was in SA.

If anyone has or know of jobs being advertised, just put the Link on here. Let's get people working the more jobs you apply for the better your chance of being employed.

Send your resumes everywhere, but beware of the scams out there. If it sounds too good to be true. Then trust your gut and use your common sense.

Happy job searching.

Eli ;)

Eli

You will find all the different certified companies at Naces.org, but I used Educational perspective in Chicago.

Eli, which one did you get. Was it the GENERAL STATEMENT OF EQUIVALENCY or THE DETAILED EVALUATION OF COURSEWORK?

Eli, which one did you get. Was it the GENERAL STATEMENT OF EQUIVALENCY or THE DETAILED EVALUATION OF COURSEWORK?

I have the detailed evaluation, which shows courses taken US credits, grade equivelent and finally total GPA and total credits earned. They looked at two things a summary of high school education and details of higher education from my diploma to B tech. The same information can be used to register for your CPA. I sent them certified copies (SA police) of my transcripts from PTA Tech/TUT.

Eli

You will find all the different certified companies at Naces.org, but I used Educational perspective in Chicago. You probably can apply for that in SA I don't know what the requirement are because I applied for my translations after I landed. And had a US address. As for job application you might have a better response from employers if your phone and address are here and not overseas. It was hard for me to look for employment in the US while I was in SA.

If anyone has or know of jobs being advertised, just put the Link on here. Let's get people working the more jobs you apply for the better your chance of being employed.

Send your resumes everywhere, but beware of the scams out there. If it sounds too good to be true. Then trust your gut and use your common sense.

Happy job searching.

Eli ;)

Eli

Thanks.