Sign in to follow this  
Alwyn

Lost South African Bassett And Weimeraner Dogs

Yesterday our 2 dogs, a female Bassett and male grey Weimeraner got through our fence and we can't find them.

Last thing we know is that they were spotted going south on the I85 near exit 115 (Mall of Georgia).

We live near the Gravel Springs crossing of the I85, so they must have traveled all that way next to the I85.

These dogs are very dear to us, we brought them from South Africa 5 months ago and we would really want to find them.

If you can spread the word with your South-African and US friends, please do.

The more people on the lookout the better..

Please help if you can.I can be contacted at alwyn.schoeman[at]gmail.com (678 200 9795) / jeannine.s[at]gmail.com (678 207 8132)

EMILY (EMMY)

emily.jpg

MAX

max.jpg

Edited by Alwyn

I truly hope you find them soon. I have put the word out!

I hope they are safe and found soon. Poor dogs!

Keep contacting the SPCA and shelters in case they are found and taken there.

As you have good pictures of the dogs, maybe emailing the info to the different shelters and SPCA facilities would be a good idea. Some of them have websites and can be contacted that way too. Most of the people who work at these places are willing to contact other shelters or at least give you contact information.

Also see if the local Petsmart and Petco may allow you to put up posters.

Good luck!

Bev

Just wanted to report that we found the dogs 4 days after they ran away. The 2 had walked to the interstate through the forest, followed the interstate for about 4km, navigated a spaghetti junction to cross the interstate and then hiked another 2-3km to end up at another house, all without getting run over, stolen or separated. They have never been so happy to be back home :)

Wonderful! :)

I have thought about them quite often and wondered if you had them safely back at home.

Bev

Thank Goodness!!! Like Bev, I have been constantly thinking about your dogs and coming to the forum every day for news. Thank you so much for giving us an update - Wonderful news

! :)