Sign in to follow this  
Ann

Jobs For Underground Operations Manager (Priority Placement) (1 Positi

Hi all

JOBS FOR UNDERGROUND OPERATIONS MANAGER (PRIORITY PLACEMENT) (1 position) AND

MINE ENGINEER SPECIALITY IN ROCK MECHANICS/INTEGRITY (1 position)

I’m posting this on behalf of a network contact.

Company is willing to consider work permit applications and therefore candidates from South Africa etc. will be considered for the above positions in Manitoba, Canada. They are looking for candidates with relevant mining work experience.

For Underground Operation Manager

Critical Competencies - Technical

• Must be knowledgeable in pertinent aspects of mine engineering, including environmental monitoring, mine ventilation, mine survey control, mine blast hole layouts, and mine development planning.

• Must be familiar with the application of rock mechanics principals in the application of ground support.

• Must have a wide knowledge of mining methods and a strong understanding of mine equipment and the required mine support systems, (electrical, compressed air, process water, mine dewatering, and mine ventilation).

• Must be able to interpret and implement company policies and government regulations.

• Must be able to keep abreast of technological change and maintain a high standard of safety related programs in the mine area.

Education / Experience

• Diploma or degree in Mine Engineering or Geology, or acceptable equivalent.

• 10 – 15 years’ experience in mining and the various engineering disciplines.

• Appropriate training in the varied safety disciplines, (mine ventilation, mine rescue, emergency response, WHMIS, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, etc). and strong knowledge of the applicable Regulations governing the operation of mines.

Computer Competency

• Computer literacy to include Windows 98 or ME, MS Office 2000, (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).

• AutoCAD 2002 – Preferred

• GemCom – Definite asset.

For Mine Engineer specialty in rock mechanics / integrity

Education Requirement

Either a related engineering degree or diploma in Mine Engineering or Geology, or acceptable equivalent

For any of the above job postings please PM me should you be interested or know someone who might be.