Sign in to follow this  
Tami

Uscis Fee

Good day all Members!!!

Now that we have our visas we need to pay the USCIS fee of $165. We have to pay this before we arrive in the USA.

I see that you have to submit your banking details online on the uscis.gov website and they then debit your account. I am a bit worried about just giving your banking details away freely on the internet. But I assume if this was the link given to me via my entrant status check it is safe?

Also is the fee $165 per person? So then I would have to pay a total amount of $330 (for myself and my husband)? I have searched that website for answers but have had no luck.

The website is : www.uscis.gov/immigrationfees

Edited by Tami

Good day all Members!!!

Now that we have our visas we need to pay the USCIS fee of $165. We have to pay this before we arrive in the USA.

I see that you have to submit your banking details online on the uscis.gov website and they then debit your account. I am a bit worried about just giving your banking details away freely on the internet. But I assume if this was the link given to me via my entrant status check it is safe?

Also is the fee $165 per person? So then I would have to pay a total amount of $330 (for myself and my husband)? I have searched that website for answers but have had no luck.

The website is : www.uscis.gov/immigrationfees

Hi Tami,

If they dont accept paypal then just use your credit card because if anything goes bad then your card insurance will cover it and stop any unauthorised future payments. Banking details are a big no no unless you trust the site. Since this a new fee caution!! is the best way to go.

Sorry your link doesn't work. Its says something about the page not existing.

Eli

If it is the official USCIS site and is an https site - you should have no problems - use your Credit card.

Otherwise, if you are really nervous, wait until you are already in the USA, have a bank account, and then send them a check. According to USCIS you can still enter the USA, have your passport stamped (which is then your Green Card for the first year), but you won't receive your Green Card until you pay the fee.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3a2bb75e8109b310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Personally, I would just want to get it done, and pay by Credit Card now. Done.

If it is the official USCIS site and is an https site - you should have no problems - use your Credit card.

Otherwise, if you are really nervous, wait until you are already in the USA, have a bank account, and then send them a check. According to USCIS you can still enter the USA, have your passport stamped (which is then your Green Card for the first year), but you won't receive your Green Card until you pay the fee.

http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Personally, I would just want to get it done, and pay by Credit Card now. Done.

Could you pay this fee at the interview?

Could you pay this fee at the interview?

No its an online payment you have to do to USCIS. I think I am just going to have to ask my brother to do it for me.

Also is the fee $165 per person? So then I would have to pay a total amount of $330 (for myself and my husband)?

At the online payment page you must enter an "A-number" which leads me to believe that it is $165 per person.

Hi every one my our interview is around the corner and we don't own a credit card can we pay our visa aplication fee at the embassy when we doing our interview ?

1369741103[/url]' post='62355']

Hi every one my our interview is around the corner and we don't own a credit card can we pay our visa aplication fee at the embassy when we doing our interview ?

The DV visa fee and the USCIS fee talked about in this thread are not the same thing. Yes you must pay the visa fee at the embassy on the day of interview (I think they take cash or credit card), but you will have to pay the USCIS fee after you get your visa but before you enter the US, and that has to be done online.

I spoke to a lady this morning regarding this visa fee payment. She advised me that this fee can be paid by credit card or cash in SAR or USD.

Hi Eugene

I saw someone on another forum mention it, but that forum is down at the moment so I can't check, however this site http://www.kkeane.com/all-faqs/general/75-what-is-the-a-and-the-alien-registration-number-are-they-the-same-thing.html implies that if you just put a 0 in front of your number it should work.

Thanks SJ27,

I had a look at that site and that is what I also did on my forms.

Just wanted to make sure.

Regards,