Sign in to follow this  
Janneman

Good News For Some!

Anybody out there whose (employment-based) permanent residency applications were filed before 1 September 2008?

Well, those applications are now going to be fast-tracked! Get your lawyer to jump in and make waves - and you could have your Green Card within 6 - 9 months!

That is excellent news for me and my family. We've waited for eight and a half years for this to happen and are now completing all kinds of forms, doing medicals and getting updated on vaccines and other tests.

This will reduce our waiting period by (at least) one and a half years. It also means that my 19-year old twin sons will remain in the US and not be deported after age 21.

• Like 3

That is wonderful news Janneman! The worry of our children 'aging out' is the worst part of the process. It has been a wait for you and your family so hopefully it won't be long now and you will receive your green cards! Keep the Faith!

Fabulous news Janneman!
We were also getting very nervous about our daughter aging out if anything went wrong.

Thank goodness our cards arrived in time.

Having that little card also makes their lives sooooo much easier at university! They don't have to jump through so many hoops each year.

Bev

My son is 12 now and we will more than likely be filing for our greencards by the time he is 13, I really hope he doesn't age out!

Hi

When did you file for PERM and start the green card process?

Anybody out there whose (employment-based) permanent residency applications were filed before 1 September 2008?

Well, those applications are now going to be fast-tracked! Get your lawyer to jump in and make waves - and you could have your Green Card within 6 - 9 months!

That is excellent news for me and my family. We've waited for eight and a half years for this to happen and are now completing all kinds of forms, doing medicals and getting updated on vaccines and other tests.

This will reduce our waiting period by (at least) one and a half years. It also means that my 19-year old twin sons will remain in the US and not be deported after age 21.

Mynx, we filed in June 2008. And, if the process was to follow its normal course, we would have received GC's somewhere between September 2014 and February 2015.

Usually this process would take six years or so, however, if the applicant falls into categories EB-1 or EB-2, it goes quicker. A lot quicker!

Good news!

We have received our "Employment Authorization Cards" today, which "Serves as I-152 Advance Parole".

That means that my sons and I can now legally search for employment.

It also means that our Green Cards might be on their way soon. :)

Wonderful news Janneman !!! This has certainly taken a long time for you guys. I'm sure your wife is looking forward, to you getting your first paycheck so she can go out shopping with it.

Congratulations Janneman!!! About time! I am so happy for you and your family!

Congratulations!!!!

It is a huge deal when the kids can get part time jobs and earn their own pocket money, not to mention how handy that second income is. It makes life with growing children much easier. I am sure those handsome young men of yours are growing like weeds and eating you out of house and home. Lol!

We had our EAD cards for 5 years before our Green Cards arrived, so I hope yours are much closer.

Bev

An update:

The Missus and our twin boys received their Green Cards about a month ago, but I was made to suffer a little while longer and an interview was scheduled for yesterday, November 4th.

And, to make a long story short, my very own Green Card should arrive in the mailbox within two weeks!

Yeehaa!!

After nine long years we are finally settling in for keeps. All I need to do now is find a job, or create one.

Meanwhile the boys have joined the US Marines and they will depart for boot camp in San Diego within the next month or so. They will also complete their studies by courtesy of the military, but it is a mystery at the moment as to where they will end up in the service because their aptitude test results were exceptional, and they could be applied anywhere and everywhere. It is something they've always wanted to do - so let them do it.

Best of all, they will be bona fide US citizens when they finish boot camp! And, to think that a mere seven months ago we were still worried that they might age out before we obtained permanent residency, and, as such, would have had to leave the country!

All's well that ends well! :)

• Like 1

Best of all, they will be bona fide US citizens when they finish boot camp! And, to think that a mere seven months ago we were still worried that they might age out before we obtained permanent residency, and, as such, would have had to leave the country!

All's well that ends well! :)

Congratulations! Wonderful news at the end of a long wait....although a few more to citizenship for you, but it seems the worst is over!

As for the boys - just curious - are they able to already apply for Naturalization under IN329? It seems that they would have to serve on active-duty status for at least 1 day (i.e. post-boot camp) before they can naturalize. Just wondered if they can file now, or if in fact, they have to wait until then, in which case the wait to actually go through the interview and oath ceremony etc could add more time to it after boot-camp, effectivelyl meaning it may take a few months more.

I understand they do accelerate the application if the person is to be posted overseas 'though.

Congratulations Janneman.

FYI, your children would not have aged out even if you had to wait until sept 2014 upto Feb 2015 due to child status protection act. They would be credited time from the date you filed I485 until their numbers became current. Another way to look at it is that their age freezes on the date you file I485.

Malamute, I don't have the specifics, but a new programme has been implemented in August of this year allowing my sons to march on their passing out parade as US citizens, provided they pass a test for citizenship first.. This is what we were told by the recruiting officers. That is unfortunately all I know for now.

Jelebi, our immigration lawyer firmly believed that the boys would (in all likelihood) have aged out, despite the provisions laid down by the Child Status Protection Act. These things seem to change almost on a yearly basis.

Anyhow, it is of no consequence to us now. Yippee! :)