Sign in to follow this  
adventurer1

Best Days To Fly Cheapest

Can anyone confirm this

The cheapest days to fly in and out is Tuesdays and Thursdays

Depends on both season and airline. It's easy enough to check for yourself online...

• Like 1

tnx!

We got the cheapest flight out on a Sunday. Tickets from JNB was around R3000 each cheaper than from CPT. And in most cases the airlines fly to Jnb first.

Kanniewaggie

How much was the full price per person?

We paid just under R6 900 per person. It is a long flight almost 30 hours in total on qatar. But we prefer the 5 hour layover on Phildelphia to ensure we have enough time to get through customs and security.

Edited by Kanniewaggie

Pleasure. I usually check as many travel sites as possible. Usually Travelstart does not have the cheapest fares but in this case it compared very well with Orbitz. Booked on Travelstart as I heard couple of days ago that 2 airlines retracted from Orbitz.

Kanniewaggie, please tell me you are not joking with that price. Are you serious that was the price for a 30hours flight? From Jhb to where?

Pleasure. I usually check as many travel sites as possible. Usually Travelstart does not have the cheapest fares but in this case it compared very well with Orbitz. Booked on Travelstart as I heard couple of days ago that 2 airlines retracted from Orbitz.

The airlines often have cheaper flights on their own websites so it is always worth double checking the same flight to see where it is better to book.

Shatale, I think you miss the point slightly. The longer flights are often the cheaper ones - they drop the price because otherwise no one would fly them. That is why emirates, Qatar, Turkish etc are often the cheapest flights from SA.

Edited by SJ27

SJ27, I now understand. I was shocked at the low prices but now I understand the context. Thanks a lot

Just keep in mind this was the price for a one way ticket.

Just keep in mind this was the price for a one way ticket.

And it's also important for people to check how much return tickets are - on some airlines a return ticket is cheaper than a one way!