Sign in to follow this  
Heidz

Visa Bulletins For 2015 Dv Lottery

"When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:"

Below are the cut off numbers for AFRICA 2015:-

October AF8000

November AF14200

Edited by Heidz

"When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:"

Below are the cut off numbers for 2015:-

October AF8000

November AF14200

Are you current for november ?

Heidz

its a great number. Below 50K, so you KNOW you will get an interview, unless something out of the ordinary happens like in 2012!

you should be current around april - June.

Well, I wish I was that confident of an interview next year. My CN is AF 84xxx. This year closed at 81100 for AF but perhaps two factors gives me a little hope. Firstly, 10 % less people were selected in 2015 than 2014 . Secondly, Nigeria is out of the game this year. So if I apply some simple logic (this is really unscientific as there are so many factors at play) I guess AF's numbers, should there be a cutoff, to be around a CN of 90000. Am I way off the mark??

• Like 1

Heidz

its a great number. Below 50K, so you KNOW you will get an interview, unless something out of the ordinary happens like in 2012!

you should be current around april - June.

Not sure what you mean unless it's like 2012- all regions went current very early that year, as due to the mess up around the draw a lot of people didn't realise they had ended up as winners.

BenCee, holding thumbs for you.

Not sure what you mean unless it's like 2012- all regions went current very early that year, as due to the mess up around the draw a lot of people didn't realise they had ended up as winners.

BenCee, holding thumbs for you.

Thanks SJ27,

All I'm really doing is adding 10% to this years numbers. In other words, all regions around the world should have a 10% increase in cut off numbers because of 10% less people selected this year. This is if there are cut off's in September 2015 (no region going current)

Another factor that I didn't mention, this year many people logged on on 1st of May (as I did) to be told that they were not selected. If I had not seen by chance an email to recheck the website , I would have accepted that I had not been selected. My question is , how many people re -checked the website.

Another 30 days till hopefully receiving our invite (AF 17xxxxx) ..... and then the great rush to get medicals and police clearance.

Counting the days!

Do anyone know if the embassy offices close during December and if it will influence the cut off numbers?

Another 30 days till hopefully receiving our invite (AF 17xxxxx) ..... and then the great rush to get medicals and police clearance.

Counting the days!

Do anyone know if the embassy offices close during December and if it will influence the cut off numbers?

Did you already apply for the pcc?

If not ! Go a head and apply now, it takes several weeks to be issued.

If your cn is af17xxx

You will have your interview surely in december or worse case january.

Thanks SJ27,

All I'm really doing is adding 10% to this years numbers. In other words, all regions around the world should have a 10% increase in cut off numbers because of 10% less people selected this year. This is if there are cut off's in September 2015 (no region going current)

Another factor that I didn't mention, this year many people logged on on 1st of May (as I did) to be told that they were not selected. If I had not seen by chance an email to recheck the website , I would have accepted that I had not been selected. My question is , how many people re -checked the website.

I agree with your assemption about less selectees and nigeria's elimination.

Definetly the cut-off will go bit higher this year.

But just to point out something, we don't know exactely, if nigeria's visas will be rellocated to all the regions, all will they remain in AF!

Either way I believe you get a chance bencee.

Good luck to all

• Like 1

[at]SJ27

my mistake, I remember one year the cut-off was less than 50K, which I don't understand why,

Just checked my stats, it was actually 2004.

[at] Vladek

2005 :46700 and

2004 :34450, like I said, don't know what the circumstances were, why it was less than 50K

and then 2008 : 62 300.

[at] Vladek

2004 :34450, like I said, don't know what the circumstances were, why it was less than 50K

Easy. Because the US was doing very well in those years and lots of people took up the opportunity to go. Then came the crisis, and it looked less attractive, and all regions went current for some years. And now, the US is doing well again, and do see cutoffs again.

The actual numbers themselves do not necessarily represent huge differences in the numbers of people but may reflect other issues like which countries are and are not eligible - this can have a big impact on overall max CN for a region. The other issue with case numbers is that since they mid2000s their computer software is much better at picking up duplicate entries so there are more "holes" in the case numbers to start with. I saw the number of duplicate entries mentioned in a report, it is way higher than you'd think - can't remember the number offhand now but something like 20% of entries!!

[at] Vladek

As sj pointed out, the US econnomy wa an important factor for the immigrant to follow up their process, especially he europpen ones....

Also because of the region quotas change along the years, so that also had an impact on the final cutt-offs.

But one thing, I'm pretty sure they weren't loading the DV with selectees those olden years as they did now for this last two years...

Just my opinion :)