Sign in to follow this  
bigdady

Sponsored Employment In America Canada Or Australia

hi good people

Hi guys I m Clarence a Zimbabwean national currently staying in Durban ZA.

Recently there were xenophobic attacks in Durban and I lost everything which included personal belongings and my small hair saloon that i was getting income from was looted and I m left with virtually

nothing.

I was left destitute with virtually nothing. I want to find out from you guys if there are companies or individuals who can sponsor people from Africa and sign a contract whereby one can work to repay the airfares and accommodation provided by the company.

I would take any job from oilfields'farms or restaurants. ,mines or anywhere where there is a job.I went to school up to Ordinary level and don't have any tertiary education. I worked as a barman when I first came to South Africa so I can also work in the hospitality industry.

There is a company here known as Away 2Explore but unfortunately I m 35 years old and no longer qualify for their program.

Any help is appreciated and thank you for taking time to read my post.

Clarence,

if you read extensively on this forum you will find that moving to the US is not a quick nor an easy thing to do. I am afraid your chances of finding an employer to do what you are looking for is zero. There are many people within the US looking for work, who can start to work tomorrow, and won't cost the employer a cent to get them here which means there is no incentive for them to sponsor someone from Africa for that same position. Getting a visa is also expensive and takes years - an employer usually cannot wait that long for an employee to commence employment.

If SA is not good for you at this stage why don't you go to Zimbabwe - It is "home" and there is no xenophobia (that I am aware of)?

thank you very much for your response just that i am desperate and a desperate man clutches at straws. I left Zimbabwe a long time ago and there is nothing for me there .I have to look for other alternatives mayb Dubai or Qatar hospitality work

Clarence, Superkruz is correct. The work visa route in the USA is terribly expensive, time consuming and actually a huge gamble. We have been on a work visa for 4 years and it has been an intensely stressful experience.

Have you heard of the Diversity Lottery which is open every year from about early October - early November? I realize it is also a lottery, but is free, and as long as you have a matric / senior certificate etc, you may enter. A number of people on this forum have won entrance to the USA that way. Be careful of scams, you don't need to use an "agent", the online entry form is very simple - the only slightly tricky part being the photo, but it is manageable.

www.travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/entry.html

Good luck, be safe.

[at]Bigdaddy

I am very very sorry for your loses and that the country you chose to be your safe haven has turned on you.

Be sure that not every one harbors negative feelings towards foreigners.

There are companies that help you to get farm work. Or work on cruise ships

Usually the farm work requires you to have experience but they don't have an age limit (I don't know exact details, but know people that has gone this route- but not through agents, directly- which is risky though)

I'm not sure about the cruise ships.

Good Luck with your journey

• Like 1

thank you very much guys for your answers.adventurer1 can you please push me towards those guys offering farm work

I'm sorry for your losses in SA too, very hard to build up only to lose it all, but I think you will find it very challenging to move to the USA - as Superkruz says, (but do research the DV lottery as CChalmers says - the next entries will only happen in about October/November this year). However, that is a lottery, so not a basis to rely on for your future.

If you are still only have citizenship of Zimbabwe, then the farm work visa (temporary agricultural work visa H-2A) won't be an option for you. Every year, the US publishes a list of countries whose citizens are eligible for that visa. South Africa is only the list for 2015, but not Zimbabwe.

See this link for the info on that visa, as well as all the other visa types available:

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-2a-agricultural-workers/h-2a-temporary-agricultural-workers

thanks Malamute it gets darker and darker .I didn't even know that Zimbabwe was not on the list of countries that can have its citizens working on Agric temp visas.As Suprkruz said I think i have to look somewhere

It makes me so sad that the new South Africa, has turned it's back on so many. All of us on this site know the stress and heartache of leaving and starting over, and then to hear an actual account of someone who has experienced xenophobia (reading about the attacks in the news always seem a bit removed) in our country just makes me even sadder. I wonder if there is anyone on SA soil that is exempt from being targeted - women, children, foreigners, the wrong race, farmers, the elderly, the poor, the vulnerable - it seems no matter what or who you are - you have no right to a safe, peaceful life in SA.

When oh when will the world take notice of what is happening in The Rainbow Nation!!!! Cry the beloved country indeed......