Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oscar

Global Entry Access Card

10 posts in this topic

if you want to avoid those long lines at passport control on arrival at certain airports (especially in the morning's)

Apply for a Global Entry Card.

The cost is $100.00 for a five year period. available to US citizens and Green card holders.

Once approved you no longer need to stand in the immigration lines and all you need to do is, go to the GOES check in kiosks and scan your hands on the fingerprint scanner also scan your passport. You also no longer have to complete the blue forms on the flight. All you have you have to do is complete some questions similar to what's on the blue form except you now do it electronically.

The only delay now is waiting for your luggage to arrive on the carousel !

The application process from start to finish is around 3 - 4 days the only delay is scheduling your personal interview for your Global Entry card - The card arrives in the mail 3 days later.

Go to www. globalentry.gov

Also with this Global Entry you will also get TSA approval on all flights within the USA -No more removing shoes !

Edited by oscar
1 person likes this

Once you are approved for Global Entry, you need to update your profile on all the various airlines you use with your global entry number.

Just got back from a trip to SA. The Global Entry card worked fine. Another benefit that has been added for Global Entry card holders is that you don't have to stand in the long lines at Dulles Airport to get through customs with your luggage. Usually there is a long line of about 80 -100 people in front of you. With the Global Access they have created a separate line on the right hand side where you can bypass all the regular folk standing in the long lines and you can virtually walk straight through customs.

1 person likes this

I have been using Global Entry for about 3 years now, and it is well worth it.

We got global entry cards late last year and it is the BEST THING EVER. Both for coming back from overseas/abroad but also what a bonus it was to have TSA pre for domestic at the height of December travel time! I'd happily pay $100 a year for this, I think it's a total bargain :D

^^ just note that if you get it on a green card like we did, you scan your GC not your passport on the GOES machine, and when you eventually get your US passport you need to contact them to update the document used for global entry.

I'd happily pay $100 a year for this

I see on their website that the application fee is $100 - no mention that it is an annual fee. Are you sure it is an annual fee?

Edited by Superkruz

No its for a 5 year period

I see on their website that the application fee is $100 - no mention that it is an annual fee. Are you sure it is an annual fee?

No its for a 5 year period

Yup, I said i *would* happily pay $100 a year for it, hence considering it a bargain (at $100 for 5 years as had been mentioned before on the thread)

^^ just note that if you get it on a green card like we did, you scan your GC not your passport on the GOES machine, and when you eventually get your US passport you need to contact them to update the document used for global entry.

I called them and was told that I have to update my info in person, but no appointment required.

1 person likes this