Sign in to follow this  
Reichette

Christian, Kindle Your Faith And Bear Fruit!

Many of us grew up in churches in SA, so to speak. (Who can still remember the weekly church services that were broadcasted on SABC on Sunday evenings?)

Since I can remember, my Mother and my live-in Grandfather (on Mother's side) would read to me from the Children's Bible and teach me to pray each night before going to bed. I knew the Bible pretty well before even going to school. My parents were devoted Christians who attended church almost without fail. My Dad would be a deacon and elder in the farming community for as long as I can remember and my Mom was in charge of Sunday School for all my years at school. I grew up going to Kinderkrans, SKJA and Kategese skool and later in my working life it was BKJA. I have been on many Christian camps, cycling tours, running tours, etc. in my student life. I have established and led Music Groups at two churches and installed / managed all audio-visual equipment that goes along with it; later became the head-deacon before we emigrated.

I have given my life to the Lord Jesus Christ when I was 10yrs old and have never regretted it for one moment. I can literally write a book on my life's testimonies (and one day I think I should). The Lord has just been so faithful to me.

It is very easy here in the States to neglect church attendance and one's faith in general. Ever increasing modern day materialism, immorality, skepticism, agnosticism, atheism, etc. are all out there to lead one astray. If you're a Christian, I'd like to encourage you to keep and nurture your faith. Do it daily by spending time in your relationship with the Lord. Be diligent, grow in your faith and bear fruit as that is what is expected from the child of God after he/she became saved (you're NOT suppose to be on cruise-control after accepting Jesus as your Savior - far from it!)

The coming and return of the One and only Living Lord is imminent. The signs are clear and the "stage" is getting set for sure. Every child of God should look forward to His return with great excitement and much anticipation. Make sure your lamp is filled with oil and that you are ready.

Stay blessed!

Thank you for that uplifting and important message! We are thinking of relocating to Texas. Are you not part of a church there and if not why not? I always imagined there being lots of Bethel-Music/ Hillsong-type gatherings, am I being overly optimistic?

We're definitely part of a church here, namely the Evangelical Free church of America (but I'll attend a good Baptist church or Bible church any time of day too). We are blessed with an abundance of resources here (for example, my car radio is permanently tuned to KDKR radio where I get such good food for my soul to work and back every day - it is really, really very good)

We also have a once a month Afrikaans service organized by the SA'ns here in Dallas.

There's a big upcoming event at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX on March 6 that will be led by Pastor Greg Laurie. Entry will be free. Music by Chris Tomlin, MercyMe, etc. If you can make it, check it out online at http://harvestamerica.com.