Sign in to follow this  
HJF

Exit Medical

So we should be getting notice of exit interview at the consulate sometime in the next couple of months. Part of this would be to have the exit medical done. We understand the two places this can be done is in Sandton and in Cape Town. We gave both a call and the prices difference was rather large. We will likely be driving down to Cape Town to have it done, and then stay for a week or so for holiday.

Has anyone here used the doctors in Cape Town for their medical? Any issues?

The doctors in Sandton are asking R4500 per person for the medical where the Cape Town doctors are asking between R2200-R3300 depending on what is required. I'm assuming it depends which vaccinations etc. They will send the results to the consulate for +-R300 courier fee. This fee is not per person however so the R300 gets split between however many family members take the medical.

Any general tips for the medical?

Thanks

So we should be getting notice of exit interview at the consulate sometime in the next couple of months. Part of this would be to have the exit medical done. We understand the two places this can be done is in Sandton and in Cape Town. We gave both a call and the prices difference was rather large. We will likely be driving down to Cape Town to have it done, and then stay for a week or so for holiday.

Has anyone here used the doctors in Cape Town for their medical? Any issues?

The doctors in Sandton are asking R4500 per person for the medical where the Cape Town doctors are asking between R2200-R3300 depending on what is required. I'm assuming it depends which vaccinations etc. They will send the results to the consulate for +-R300 courier fee. This fee is not per person however so the R300 gets split between however many family members take the medical.

Any general tips for the medical?

Thanks

We did ours in Cape Town, albeit a few years ago. No problems, just be aware that for the X-rays you will need to go to the Cape Town mediclinic (about a 15 minute drive from the doctor, less if no traffic) and then as I recall you need to bring them back to the doctors office too. They also couriered the medicals for us to the consulate and all went smoothly.

Try claim from medical aid too, we weren't expecting anything back but got about half of it refunded!

We did ours in Cape Town, albeit a few years ago. No problems, just be aware that for the X-rays you will need to go to the Cape Town mediclinic (about a 15 minute drive from the doctor, less if no traffic) and then as I recall you need to bring them back to the doctors office too. They also couriered the medicals for us to the consulate and all went smoothly.

Try claim from medical aid too, we weren't expecting anything back but got about half of it refunded!

Thanks. That's great news. Their offices are at the V&A Waterfront right? That's the one we have at the moment.

Thanks. That's great news. Their offices are at the V&A Waterfront right? That's the one we have at the moment.

Assuming same place still, yes, at the clocktower.

We've done ours last month at Dr. Brauer at the clock tower in the waterfront Medicals for the 3 of us, me, wife and baby came to R4750 in total. We all needed all the required vaccinations. Baby was too young for hers, had to wait till the next week to get her 6 week old shots. X-rays were an additional R1150. Medical aid refunded R1280 for the medicals and they refunded the X-rays fully. Unfortunately now I have to pay the medical aid back, as when I canceled the medical aid this week, I've used too much of my medical savings account so early in the year, so I need to pay them back. :(