Sign in to follow this  
Reichette

Surprise Rules, Laws And Practices

I have a corporate credit card and have been advised to never tip more than 15% in restaurants or taxi services. The 15% rule is company policy and they do a thorough audit of receipts submitted. But obviously, if you go to a restaurant with your family or friends and you spend a lot of time at the table, it is expected that you make the tip much bigger 20 - 30 % as you are preventing the waitress from having a more rapid turnover of customers and earning tips.

There is new App available for your IPhone its called WhoApp With this new app you will always know who is calling you, it reveals the name of the caller and street address.

You can even decline those unwanted telemarketers calls.

Lets hope this app works it only came out yesterday! (The app is free)

*But also read the customer reviews on the App before you install. there were some complaints*

Edited by oscar

Hm, one thing I notice about the US is it seems you hardly ever need to pay full price for anything!! Whether loyalty cards (like Safeway gives you 3 different savings routes - general member discounts, personalized discounts on stuff you buy regularly at your local store and gas savings) or getting on an email list for a company you like and getting both sign-up and regular discount codes, to waiting for the big sales...never mind all the off price stores, from the lower end all the way to Saks off fifth and Nordstrom rack...

And another thing that many of you may know but I only belatedly discovered - I don't know if all airlines do this but at least a few (like southwest and Alaska) do - if you book a ticket and they later have a sale on the same airfare you can rebook and get a refund on the difference. This even works for non-refundable fares although in this instance you don't get a cash refund but credit against a future ticket purchase.

• Like 1

Reichette which mobile phone company did you get the $70 deal with for two family members? We are currently looking at which one to go with. We always get contracts too but if it's significantly better to go with prepay then it's worth a look.

Google's Project Fi is a great deal. It is prepaid (no contract) and costs $20 per month for unlimited talk & text (including international texting). Data is $10/GB and you only pay for what you use. It is also very good for overseas travel - calls are very cheap and data (when roaming) is still $10/GB.