Shamus

Dv-2018

106 posts in this topic

Am hoping for the best in 2018 lottery selection. I want to leave this country (NOW!!!) if possible.

And so it starts again. Wonder if the new Clinton/Trump nomination will affect the immigration policy at all?

Here we go again ! All of the best to everybody. This is once again going to be the longest 7 months of my life.

1 person likes this

Having skipped the DV2017 lottery , I will once again throw my application into the hat this time around and hope for the best. Good luck to all!!

Good luck to those entering this time around. I was selected in DV2010 and I'm now a US citizen.

1 person likes this

God help me !!! I want to be in a position to say the same thing in a few years ...

1 person likes this

Good luck everyone! We won on our 3rd try. Loving it here in the US (even with the election circus!)

4 people like this

Please help - I attempted to submitted my application and entered all the details, when I hit submit it took me back to the same page. Should I be getting a confirmation screen saying that it has been successfully submitted ? Or should I just start over ? I`m so afraid to enter it again, I would hate to be disqualified due to a duplicate submission. Last year I did it through USAFIS but I thought I would do it myself this time around.

Please help ....

So I decided to watch the instructional video (my very last resort lol) I guess something went wrong and the submission did not go through but I got my confirmation number on the second attempt. Pheeeewww I nearly died lol God is good

I experienced same thing as well yesterday. I just retried and it went through on my 2nd attempt. I hope it's a good sign for a winning notification next year May. Lol!!

1 person likes this

For those entering the lottery remember to submit a picture taken in the past six months, otherwise your application can be disqualified.

1 person likes this

Lol Oscar. Everyone knows that. Besides, if there is no significant change in your facial appearance, you can still use photo taken in the past 2 years. I have seen people winning lottery from the picture they submitted to the agent that played for them. The agent just kept using the picture every year until they eventually won. All of them are now US citizens.

So if there's a significant change in your facial appearance, then I suggest the 6 months rule, otherwise you're good to go.

Kengux, maybe that worked in the 'old days' before electronic submissions.

Oscar is 100% correct - Recent = within the last six months. No older!

The DV2018 instructions clearly state that if you submit the same photo as lasy year, you WILL be disqualified. From Page 6 of the instructions:

Do not submit an old photograph. Submitting the same photograph that you submitted with last year’s entry will result in disqualification.

Seems very clear to me.

1 person likes this