Shamus

Dv-2018

4 hours ago, dreamland said:

Hi folks,thank you [at]SJ272

It has been a very tense period,My number is 37xxx and.has been current for July interviews and we are still waiting for 2 nl's .I was just wondering if has this happened previously where interviews are not done the month expected to happen especially in South african embassy?Thank you to everyone who has been walking this journey with us,thanl you for all your encouragement and humanity,God bless you all:)

Occasionally it’s a month later than you expect. Sometimes it’s because the DS260 was submitted late. Some embassies have too big workloads but that wouldn’t be an issue for SA, which is really low immigrant visa issuance. I presume you’ve checked the esc page and not just waiting for an email?

We submitted on the 10 june 2016,that sounds good,yes we do check the esc page on a regular basis.Thank you,Will keep you posted ☺

53 minutes ago, dreamland said:

We submitted on the 10 june 2016,that sounds good,yes we do check the esc page on a regular basis.Thank you,Will keep you posted ☺

You mean 2017?

Hello guys

The latest visa bulletin says Africa region is current which means the remaining cases in Africa can be scheduled for interview. My concern is some cases which were current for June even July in Africa/South Africa are yet to get 2nls. With regards to this, is it certain that higher case numbers will get 2nls/interview before the end of September?

Hey Great people

Can someone explain process of getting unabridged marriage certificate,we got married 2006 ,homeaffairs want us to have marriage register from the priest who married us,he says he sent it to Pretoria.What do we do now

YES [at]SJ272 we received 2 nl ,interview will be on 23 aug:)

5 hours ago, dreamland said:

Hey Great people

Can someone explain process of getting unabridged marriage certificate,we got married 2006 ,homeaffairs want us to have marriage register from the priest who married us,he says he sent it to Pretoria.What do we do now

Hi Dreamland, I assume your priest / pastor did not give you a copy or the original off the handwritten certificate then?

did you ever receive an Abridged Certificate? What have you used since 2006 to ''proof'' your marriage- for bank or loans etc?

If you do not have any proof that your marriage has been registered, I would make use off an agency to sort it out. if you have some sort off proof (on paper- as above), it should take too long to receive back from DHA

Congrats, we had our interview August four years back. (PS. as it is so ''close'' to the end off fiscal year, the consulate sometimes request copies off all the documents to be delivered to them 2-3 weeks before the interview)

As you probably know, you can only make your medical exam approx 2 weeks before your interview, but if you leave it within 7 days off your interview, it might not be back to the consulate in time (which is not a huge hassle, it just creates extra unneeded anxiety- as the visa can't and won't be issued until that is received.) Seen that you are in Cape Town, I would suggest that you do it there prior to your interview in Jhb, giving the dr enough time to send up the docs

Have you applied for your Police Clearances ? This takes approx 3 weeks. It is done in Pretoria. 

Suggestion that I can make, you have to be in Jhb August 23rd, if possible make arrangement to extend this with a day or two, do the effort to take all your Unabridge Certificates to get Apostilled in Pretoria at the Department of International Relations. This is a seal off authenticity that they apply and never expires.  

http://www.dirco.gov.za/consular/legalisation.htm

Its free. You can take up to 5 documents and wait for it to be done (takes about a hour) Over 5 you have to pick up the next day. Make sure that you read the link and check the office hours etc. (think you have to be there before 12)

Good luck and keep us posted

14 hours ago, dreamland said:

Hey Great people

I’d second the use of an agent (much as I don’t like them) given how long home affairs take and that your interview is scheduled already. You have a copy of the marriage certificate from the priest as well I presume? That should have a license number or something on so home affairs can track it? ( We didn’t have to show anything, ours was somewhere in the archives. ) Failing that surely the Church has a record somewhere?

worst case if you don’t have it in time is you’ll be put on “administrative processing” after your interview and send it in when you have it. We had to do that as the police records department was on strike when we needed our PCC. We got our visas about a week after we’d sent it in.

Edited by SJ272

8 hours ago, adventurer1 said:

Suggestion that I can make, you have to be in Jhb August 23rd, if possible make arrangement to extend this with a day or two, do the effort to take all your Unabridge Certificates to get Apostilled in Pretoria at the Department of International Relations. This is a seal off authenticity that they apply and never expires.  

http://www.dirco.gov.za/consular/legalisation.htm

Its free. You can take up to 5 documents and wait for it to be done (takes about a hour) Over 5 you have to pick up the next day. Make sure that you read the link and check the office hours etc. (think you have to be there before 12)

Good luck and keep us posted

Hi adventurer,  curious as to why you say this? We never did it for anything and never needed it for anything? We’ve used SA marriage certificate and birth certificates etc here (including for teen at dmv) and never been questioned as to authenticity?

Edited by SJ272

16 hours ago, SJ272 said:

Hi adventurer,  curious as to why you say this? We never did it for anything and never needed it for anything? We’ve used SA marriage certificate and birth certificates etc here (including for teen at dmv) and never been questioned as to authenticity?

Hi SJ272, no specific reason.

Its a mere suggestion. Its a free service from Department of International Relations, (for countries that are part off the 1961 the Hague Convention) that not a lot off people are aware off.

It doesn't expire, its a signed document with a waxed sealed ribbon on top off your certificate. - like I mentioned, its no cost to the applicant, just the time and effort to get it done.

It might be good practice in a digital evolving world where authentication becomes questionable. 

But as you mentioned, its not a necessity

Hi Folks

Firstly thank you for all your advise it has been helpful but guess what on Thursday,day after I posted the above question,my husband decided to just  just let home affairs know that we cannot get a marriage record,he was told our marriage certificate is ready we can go pick it up in Cape Town Barrack street where we applied in March.I could not believe it and I decided I will not confirm to anyone until I.got the document in my hands.I got there 11 o clock this morning and left with my marriage unabridged certificate 45 minutes later.All details correct on it.

So I have learnt that you can succesfully get, your documents by following up on them. For birth unabridged certificates do application and then give it 4 weeks max then follow up with the presidential line call center and Its crucial you explain to them.you travelling  very.soon.Marriage unabridged certificates you need to.call the 0800 number for Home affairs call centre but presidential number can work as well if you not getting satisfactory results with the Home affairs call centre.So I think home affairs is  improving their services ,also just be patient and dont be shy to call them.

So glad that im done with home affairs now I have applied for police clearance on Thursday last week and they said we should receive them in 15 days so we waiting.

[at]adventurer1 I understand about your suggestion about notarization of our docs,we will check it out,Thank you so much,Will keep you all up to date folks as to what happens till the end.

• Like 1

Awesome! Glad you got it, will save a lot of headache. You’re in the final stretch now...! You’ve booked your medical I presume?

On 6/27/2018 at 5:24 AM, SJ272 said:

Awesome! Glad you got it, will save a lot of headache. You’re in the final stretch now...! You’ve booked your medical I presume?

All booked definitely.medicals is on the 6th.I am hoping for the best.

Hoping to come with great news next time.Pheeeeww

• Like 1

Wow...last visa bulletin for FY2018 is out and Africa has regressed from current to 39500. I hope no SA applicants were affected by this :( 

also shows 454 selectees from SA for DV2019.

Interesting - first time I have seen that happen in the last month - must be devastating for some who thought they were home and clear, and now.....
Overall, the entries and draw very similar to last year - also just over 14 million entries, and last year 500 South Africans drawn.

By the number of derivatives (in past years too) - seems the majority are 1 person/individual entries with no derivatives (or perhaps they just entered that way).