Sign in to follow this  
Reichette

I Love This Pic!

Barack-Obama-prayer-4.jpg

Glad a photo opp of POTUS in prayer makes you so happy - so I thought I would share another one to make your day.

While no-one can know what either leader was praying about, The narcissistic Trump DID use this morning's National Prayer Breakfast to boast about how fabulous his ratings were on The Apprentice vs Arnold Schwarzenegger, and that "I want to just pray for Arnold', so that is a clue as to what important national interest Trump could have been praying about anyhow.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-trump-attend-national-prayer-breakfast/story?id=45203891

• Like 1

Malamute, I like your pic too - thanks.

Yes, who knows what they could have been praying about.

Fact is, one of them bowed his head in prayer, but effectively got many Christians slaughtered in the Middle East, empowered and handed over billions to Israel's terrorist arch enemy, allowed Syria and Russia to instigate a spectacular refugee crises that almost destabilized the entire Europe, didn't do much about thousands that crossed our borders illegally, etc. Christian persecution had increased in 2016 to the worst levels in modern times and he even refused to call radical Islam by name, despite his bowed head... That's a pretty clear clue of what his interests had been, I'd say.

Narcissism seems to be a "minor sin" by comparison (lest we not forget a narcissistic Obama who once boasted to be a president and mocked Trump that he wasn't one and could never become one, right?). Time will tell on Trump, but so far its been happy news in general, I'd say.

Edited by Reichette

Wow. "Happy news"... if narcissism is the biggest sin you see in Trump, you truly are blind.

I was simply replying to a remark that specifically referred to it. I did not say biggest, nor did I say smallest, but "I want to read into it whatever I like", right?

Right.

If you like, list all his "cardinal sins" in your opinion and then let's analyze and do a little comparison. And while we're at it, let's throw Hillary's criminal-like actions and her murderous intent toward the unborn into the mix as well, shall we?

(BTW, did I or did I not read somewhere that you'd rather have my future posts in this sub-forum blocked from your feed? And yet here you are like a fly drawn to dung, actively engaging again... I think I'm getting a little confused now. If you so choose to debate with me, don't run away again like the last time, kapish?)

A fly drawn to dung...what a totally appropriate metaphor. Yup, I'll leave the dung alone. Your idea of sin and God is very different to mine, as are your preachers who preach hatred and lies.

Edited by SJ27
  • Like 1

Yes, I think we can safely agree that your idea of God and sin is very different to mine. We do find Christians nowadays who think that indiscriminate abortion, homosexuality, etc. are all fine before God, that God had finally realized His "mistake" and had somehow given it second thought, that He had "come to His senses" somehow; who thinks that the Biblical account of creation is for the birds, that some parts of the Bible can be ignored, that everyone is gong to heaven as long as they've lived a 'good life', that there are other ways to gain entry into heaven besides through Jesus Christ alone, that the devil, hell and demons are all just figments of the imagination, etc.

I think the only preacher who I had quoted thus far had been Greg Laurie. Do remind me of anyone else's that I might have forgotten about who had preached hatred and lies according to your version Christian views. The punchline of that posting read as follows:

All those who blaspheme God, fight with God, or try to stop the work of God eventually will fail. Yet God's Word ultimately will prevail. Philippians 2:9–10 says, "Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth." One day, everyone - every man, every woman, every believer, and every nonbeliever - will bow before Jesus Christ.

Such must be the "hatred" and "lies" that you're referring to, right?

I don't think that "love thy neighbor" was meant to apply to a certain subset of neighbor once you've ensured that everyone you don't agree with is in jail, exiled or executed. Yes, I agree God's work is great. You however do an excellent job, as do so many fundamentalists, of picking and choosing which bible verse to agree with and which to ignore, as it suits you.

I saw a meme that sums it up best:

If you think a fertilized egg is a life but a refugee kid isn't, you're going to have stop pretending your concerns are religious.

• Like 1

A preacher whom I quoted said that everyone he doesn't agree with must be in jail, exiled or executed? When did I do that??

I picked and chose which bible verse to agree with and which to ignore? When did I do that and why can I not recall you or anyone else pointing me to the verses I so-called ignored "on purpose"? Examples?

You insinuate that I think that a refugee kid is not a life? Why would say something like that?