Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reichette

Despicable Behavior

43 posts in this topic

Easy now, Ravens. The fact that the Administrator doesn't seem very consistent in calling out those who make themselves guilty of insult of character on a regular basis, doesn't mean that you (and others) could not be finding yourself (yourselves) treading on thin ice.

Be nice and be respectful even if you don't agree with someone else's views.

post-9075-0-22855000-1488232663_thumb.jpg

uFQWPmp.jpg

This is generally excellent advice on any Internet forum.

(It becomes more interesting/illuminating when posters take it personally...)

1 person likes this

Reichette

Why would you believe democrats should have any respect for the democratic system after the republicans showed it such disrespect when Obama was in office?

The "Party of NO" and "Let's make Obama a one term president" were both rallying calls for the Republican leadership (Mitch McConnell in particular) and they did such a good job of being obstructionists that they shut the government down twice!

No, I believe that you are selectively siding with those whose agenda you most identify with and conveniently forgetting all the other events.

And before you ask, no I am not a Dem and believe there are good an bad ideas from both parties which makes me an independent.

On a different I am also curious as to why you owned up to being a troll or were you simply rushing to the defense of SJ?? :)

No, Shaun. It is not the same. In fact, far from it. Obstructionist politics such as government shutdowns and immigration travel order obstruction are comparable and still to be expected from rival ideologies that engage with each other through the established democratic processes.

The kind of mass rioting, violence, incitement to kill / "bewitch" the President of the United States, etc. is in a totally different shameful league of its own.

... or were you simply rushing to the defense of SJ?? :)

Yeah, she's probably the only one who didn't get it... (LMAO!!)
The epitome of being a troll must be someone who goes to the hysterical hormonal extremes of wanting to ignore / block someone else's postings (for no other reason, but for the apparent fear of exposure to an opposing opinion... yes, you read it right), yet who continues to pitch up again and again like clock work at all subsequent postings... Then upon first arrival, goes about an irrational encouragement for a boycott of debate ("Hopefully no one rises to his bait"), but then continues to troll along by posting self-amusing weather updates and even a selfie... You won't find a better definition anywhere else for what a troll is.
I told her before, my postings are like proverbial cow dung to her ("koeik[at]k" for lack of a better description) and her reactions are like that of a pregnant drain fly that, despite a moment's hesitation due to the stench, finds itself involuntarily overcome by an urge to nosedive right into it to lay its eggs in the hot steaminess of it...
Predictable and entertaining all at the same time. :-) :-) :-)
Edited by Reichette

Yeah, she's probably the only one who didn't get it... (LMAO!!)
The epitome of being a troll must be someone who goes to the hysterical hormonal extremes of wanting to ignore / block someone else's postings (for no other reason, but for the apparent fear of exposure to an opposing opinion... yes, you read it right), yet who continues to pitch up again and again like clock work at all subsequent postings... Then upon first arrival, goes about an irrational encouragement for a boycott of debate ("Hopefully no one rises to his bait"), but then continues to troll along by posting self-amusing weather updates and even a selfie... You won't find a better definition anywhere else for what a troll is.
I told her before, my postings are like proverbial cow dung to her ("koeik[at]k" for lack of a better description) and her reactions are like that of a pregnant drain fly that, despite a moment's hesitation due to the stench, finds itself involuntarily overcome by an urge to nosedive right into it to lay its eggs in the hot steaminess of it...
Predictable and entertaining all at the same time. :-) :-) :-)

You are a piece of work... "Be nice and be respectful even if you don't agree with someone else's views."

This guy reminds me of the conservative republicans that preach all day about how homosexuals will burn in hell, and then get caught with another man in an airport restroom.

SJ27 helps a lot of people on this forum with valuable information, all you do is come here to stir things up. You are nothing but an internet troll.

I know, I am treading on thin ice. LMAO!

Edited by Ravens

SJ27 helps a lot of people on this forum with valuable information, all you do is come here to stir things up. You are nothing but an internet troll.

No, actually you are an internet troll: someone who doesn't contribute to any meaningful discussion of the topic, but who'd otherwise feel a need to be taken notice of like a small inbred dog that's coming in from the side to nip at the ankle... (just because you don't like me or because you don't like my view of the topic)

I agree fully: SJ27 and many others are indeed valuable contributors to this forum - for that I respect and appreciate them as much as you or anyone else here does.

I have never insulted anyone on this forum in the past (unlike several of them had made repeated characterizations of me in the past - even tried to prescribe to me what I may or may not say - you may have missed all that seeing that you're a junior member still).

Having a different religious and political perspective than some on this forum, is indeed probably stirring things up a little bit here. But that's healthy and there's nothing wrong with that (unless you're so liberal that you cannot tolerate a different viewpoint or someone else exercising their first amendment right, right?)

Your opinions aren't the only ones out there. I don't take exception or act in the same way when forumites post opinions here that go against my beliefs or views.

And if I quote the Bible where it says that people are condemning themselves to hell if they don't accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior - I actually believe I am doing them a favor. I really do. I don't force it down their throats though. If they say they don't believe that - then that's fine by me. If they want to discuss or debate it with me in a civil and respectful manner; I'm always open for that. I usually post those kinds of posts under the Spiritual Life sub-forum. Use you democratic right not to read any of my posts there if you don't want to - no one forces you.

You are a piece of work... "Be nice and be respectful even if you don't agree with someone else's views."

This guy reminds me of the conservative republicans that preach all day about how homosexuals will burn in hell, and then get caught with another man in an airport restroom.

I know, I am treading on thin ice. LMAO!

Yep have to agree with that Ravens.

Reichette you take SJ to task about being respectful and then show total disrespect yourself.

And, as for your comments about the politics I disagree with that also. "Obstructionist politics is to be expected from rival ideologies..."??? Seriously???

What happened to adult debate and negotiation or do you subscribe to the "take your ball and go home" crowd?? Appears so.

Also appears you approve of the petty childishness and disrespect that the Republicans started when Obama was elected (And I bet the Democrats will, sadly, return in kind).

Forget the religion bashing Reichette and focus on how everyone can benefit from treating people with respect and not behaving like a spoiled 5 year olds.

Actually reichette, sorry to disappoint you, but I don't go to every thread you do. In fact the last two in spiritual life are still happily bolded as unread on my page. I can't be bothered with fairy tales, even when they are headed by some provocative heading such as a new whatever for the US (the full title doesn't show on the " new content" page on my tablet).

You headed this "despicable behavior." And put it in general. Then proceeded to give some propaganda nonsense.

I repeat, real despicable behavior is happening all the time now - attacking people on the basis of their religion and skin color. This is not the foundation and ideals of America. And this is fact, not Cruz talking rubbish about what he thinks people's motives are. If you want to post political propaganda, at least be honest about it, and headline it something like Despicable Democrats in the words of Ted Cruz, or something like that so we know to avoid it too. By voorbaat dank.

Edited by SJ27

Sorry to break it to you Reichette. I have been on this forum for many years under an old username "Boer08" and I have hosted several South Africans who came to the US for the first time, including SuperKruz who is a well respected member here. SO yes I do contribute, and not just talk nonsense like you.

You are clearly only here for attention that you are not getting anywhere else...

Edited by Ravens

"Obstructionist politics is to be expected from rival ideologies..."??? Seriously???

Read whatever you want. That's not what I said (nor meant). You left out the word, "still" - quite a difference in meaning right there and by no means an indication that I condone it.

Also appears you approve of the petty childishness and disrespect that the Republicans started when Obama was elected (And I bet the Democrats will, sadly, return in kind).

You seem determined in trying to justify or euphemize the recent riots, violence, suppression of free speech, incitement, etc. by your efforts to wanting to compare it to past Republican behavior, don't you?!

If you want to post political propaganda, at least be honest about it, and headline it something like Despicable Democrats in the words of Ted Cruz, or something like that so we know to avoid it too. By voorbaat dank.

Been there, done that. Targeted topics specifically for a Christian audience in the past, but got trolled nonetheless... The fly just found its way back in again...

SO yes I do contribute, and not just talk nonsense like you.

Neither of which I have seen you done yet since you joined this topic...

Neither of which I have seen you done yet since you joined this topic...

Do you honestly believe that your posts are a contribution to this immigration forum? Let's start a poll, and see if the members agree...

I only posted the pic because if you get banned or leave it would not harm this forum. If SJ27 decide to leave cause of an internet troll then the site will lose a very valuable member who actually contribute to questions about immigration.

Edited by Ravens
1 person likes this