Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reichette

Despicable Behavior

43 posts in this topic

Do you honestly believe that posting about politics and religion on an immigration forum is contributing?

You have a few problems: 1) I am certainly by far not be first, nor the only person who have been posting about politics and religion on this forum. 2) Politics and religion are very much part of the immigration and settling-in experience. 3) Certain sub-forums seem specifically created for the kinds of discussions that seem to irk you so much.

Btw, it seems more and more like you too would rather want to silence any opinions that differ from yours, right? We've seen that here in the recent past. Grow up. Shake off the millennial-like mentality - the world doesn't revolve around your views alone. This is a forum. At forums people argue and debate opinions that sometimes differ from each other's (except of course if you're a liberal - then you only seem to want to ban, silence, insult, characterize, boycott, troll, put your head underneath a rock, run away, get mad at, switch off notifications, block, etc. those views and opinions that differ from yours in true Berkeley College style...)

If SJ27 decide to leave cause of an internet troll then the site will lose a very valuable member who actually contribute to questions about immigration.

He-he-he, you make me laugh! If SJ27 ever decides to leave because of me, it will be because she's the one who's been trolling my posts AFTER she very explicitly stated - in fact, posted a dedicated topic to that effect - that she doesn't want to be notified and see any further of my posts. Yet, she's been back time and again - not only reading it contrary to her undertakings and wishes, but even replying to it and trolling it... She only has her own inconsistencies and curiosities to blame for any frustrations that she could be experiencing that would result in such a silly departure... :-)

Let's start a poll, and see if the members agree...

And while you're at it, be sure to include the votes from the silent member's as well who's been sending me likes on my posts all the while.

I only posted the pic because if you get banned or leave it would not harm this forum. If SJ27 decide to leave cause of an internet troll then the site will lose a very valuable member who actually contribute to questions about immigration.

I'd like to believe that I too have made (and will continue to make) my fair share of valued contributions here on this forum as well - specifically on immigration advice. If you want, I can provide you with acknowledgments from several members in the past, incl. SJ27, Malamute and others.

Sorry to break it to you Reichette. I have been on this forum for many years under an old username "Boer08" and I have hosted several South Africans who came to the US for the first time, including SuperKruz who is a well respected member here. SO yes I do contribute, and not just talk nonsense like you.

You are clearly only here for attention that you are not getting anywhere else...

Hey Ravens, how are you - i thought you dropped off the face of the earth!

Edited by Superkruz
1 person likes this

Hey Ravens, how are you - i thought you dropped off the face of the earth!

Hey SuperKruz, Doing great thanks... I am taking my Oath on Friday, so I am pretty excited about that.

How have you been? Life treating you well in SA?

1 person likes this

Indeed, I did ask if a specific forum could be blocked. There doesn't seem to be any way to do it. Hence, I have simply not bothered to return to that forum since. It's interesting that Reichette keeps referring back to the days before that. Hence again, I refer to my initial post on this forum...i think it says it all, as others have noted,

There clearly is a large silent readership here - I too have been getting a number of likes from readers who don't post - I don't even recognize some of the names!

I'd said before, quite clearly, that I did not want to block reichette as a user because he had posted some useful posts in the past, and my way of recognizing that was to just start ignoring the "spiritual" forum posts (which were always some form of preaching) rather than blocking him entirely. That may now be the only option, should he start mainly posting political propaganda in general forums to try get reactions when his "spiritual" posts no longer do.

Doing great thanks... I am taking my Oath on Friday, so I am pretty excited about that.

Awesome!!!!

I did edit my post as you will see Reichette. Yes, I would also like to know about politics when moving to a foreign country, but I would like to know how the system works.

You are very fast to judge people you don't know. Not very Christian like. My best friend is a republican and a Trump supporter. I am not, but I am not going to let that ruin a great friendship.

Edited by Ravens

Yes, I would also like to know about politics when moving to a foreign country, but I would like to know how the system works.

And others who are still in SA, might be curious to know how we who live here in the US are experiencing the current politics and unfolding intrigues. I get that all the time from friends on FB who are still in SA. See, there is room for that angle of political discussions too.

And again, I'm not the first. I haven't seen you or your alter-ego (Boer08) taking exception of others when they posted similar topics in the past (?).

You are very fast to judge people you don't know.

I said, "Btw, it seems more and more like you too....". That is far from being judgmental. In fact, it leaves the door wide open for you to contest or correct any misconception that could have been derived from your postings and conduct here to date. It is noted that you haven't made any effort yet and that is in itself is leaving the reader with clues.

Edited by Reichette

That may now be the only option, should he start mainly posting political propaganda in general forums to try get reactions when his "spiritual" posts no longer do.

:-)

Actually, far from it. More than one posting of mine under Spirtual Life in the past weren't replied on. That doesn't bother me at all. They usually still seem to get 50+ views on average even if there aren't any replies. Before I started posting there, it's been a "dead" sub-forum for the most part anyways. I brought some life back to it, I guess - even if just temporarily. (Y'all got the message that you need have come to accept Jesus Christ as Savior before you die and face judgment one day - that's all I really care about).

I enjoyed reading earlier some of the left-leaning rants under the General sub-forum about Trump, his wall, etc. So when I stumbled across Cruz's observation that seemed to align with the ongoing hysterical reactions witnessed of various large groups of Dem supporters, that's when I thought it could be a very relevant and balancing topic of discussion under this same sub-forum too.

Nothing wrong with that, right?

You keep on harping about it being "Cruz's propaganda". Care to support your statement with some proof?

Edited by Reichette

"To serve the LORD with all my heart, with all my soul and with all my strength."

Seem like you only serve when you feel like it, cause your attitude towards others on this forum does not represent those words.

1 person likes this

Seem like you only serve when you feel like it, cause your attitude towards others on this forum does not represent those words.

Like you, I claim to be no angel - just a human. Sometimes I'll call people out in response to their ill behaving. (Even St Peter in the Bible grabbed his sword once and chopped off the ear of the guard who wanted to arrest Jesus - that didn't make him any less a Christian if that was your allusion).

Like you, I claim to be no angel - just a human. Sometimes I'll call people out in response to their ill behaving. (Even St Peter in the Bible grabbed his sword once and chopped off the ear of the guard who wanted to arrest Jesus - that didn't make him any less a Christian if that was your allusion).

LOL, You clearly have an answer for everything.

I'll leave you be... It was fun though.

Edited by Ravens
1 person likes this

"To serve the LORD with all my heart, with all my soul and with all my strength."

Came across this earlier, funnily enough. Similar sentiments in more detail, pretty well expressed I thought. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dear-evangelicals-i-dont-think-you-realize-how-you_us_58af2c13e4b0e5fdf6196f4f

Apparently as we see here, however, all bad behavior just gets excused with a shrug and "i'm/he's only human after all". Interesting religious approach.

But agree with you this thread has well outlived its useful life, such as it was. Let's hope for actual relevant stuff in future.

Hi SJ27 I wish you all the best for Friday, hope you have a memorible day !

Currently I am in South Africa for three weeks visiting friends and family in Durban and Cape Town. So far its been nice to be away from the TV and the printed media.

We spent a few hours yesterday getting new SA ID cards. Apparently everyone needs to get a new ID within the next two years.

Today its off to Gordons Bay.

The "Party of NO" and "Let's make Obama a one term president" were both rallying calls for the Republican leadership (Mitch McConnell in particular) and they did such a good job of being obstructionists that they shut the government down twice!

I spared you a thought as I read the following article... http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/03/01/what-heck-do-democrats-think-are-doing.html

Dems notch it up to new record-breaking lows in obstructionism, petty defiance and insults to Trump's family members. The "Party of HELL NO!"... "Sorry, what was it you wanted approved again?" and "Let's make sure Trump does not even complete his term of presidency".

A good read though.