TheVans

The Van's Journey

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself to the forum members and share a bit of our journey. I've been reading through many of the posts and it gives one the sense that you are not alone because sometimes the whole visa process gets a bit lonely.

I currently have an I-360 Special Immigrant Religious Worker petition filed at USCIS. The petition was filed by my future employer in the States. We will receive a decision notice earliest around 15th December 2017. Luckily for us, the visas in our category are current. In the EB4 Special Immigrant Category my wife can apply for her GC as a derivative. We don't have kids so things are less complicated in that area. I guess our challenge is with regard to the house, vehicle, and belongings........ 

We've been getting our documents ready for our future consular interview - I must say we have been able to source our unabridged marriage and birth certificates with far less hassles than I have read of on these forums. Our little town seems to offer same day services. 

If all goes well we are hoping for our plans to fall in place around April next year.

I'm looking forward to sharing and learning in this forum.

1 person likes this

Welcome to the forum.  You will find a lot of helpful advice here, but as you know, each journey is unique.  Exciting times ahead for you - let us know how it goes.  Which state/area will you be moving to?  

Thanks Malamute

We will be going to Pennsylvania. My employer is based in Hanover but the house my employer is offering is in Spring Grove.

Welcome. That is a nice area of PA. I live about 40 min from Hanover, and like to drive to the surrounding little towns. Gettysburg is always one of my favorite towns.

Good luck with the visa process.

Thanks Raven. We visited my future employer in Hanover December 2016. We loved the area! We are heading over for another visit in March 2018. Maybe we could meet up?

While I'm posting I just want to make a correction on my earlier post. Our unabridged marriage certificate was issued the same day. The unabridged birth certificate took a whole day to gather all the info and complete the paper work. We submitted the application the next day and were told to wait 2 months. This coming week we will be filing our police clearance. I'll update on when we receive everything.